Scenes in Sci-Fi\Fantasy movies where they mock elements of sci-fi fantasy stories?

PerfectBlue97

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Can anybody think of any scenes in serious (EG, not spoofs or parodies) science fiction or fantasy movies where the characters openly mock something that's a standard part of other science fiction or fantasy movies?

For example, a movie set in space where the crew of a ship\space station make fun of somebody who believes in alien abductions or crop circles, or a fantasy movie where a wizard thinks that somebody is stupid for believing in ghosts?

Or a movie about time travel where they think that the idea of people traveling to other dimensions is dumb.

I'm specifically looking for example where whatever they are making fun of isn't part of that story (EG, it's not something that happens in the movie).

Last edited:
Can anybody think of any scenes in serious (EG, not spoofs or parodies) science fiction or fantasy movies where the characters openly mock something that's a standard part of other science fiction or fantasy movies?

For example, a movie set in space where the crew of a ship\space station make fun of somebody who believes in alien abductions or crop circles, or a fantasy movie where a wizard thinks that somebody is stupid for believing in ghosts?

Or a movie about time travel where they think that the idea of people traveling to other dimensions is dumb.

Yes, there are lots. Are you looking for a specific one?

No, I'm just looking for examples of it being done.

Like if a character in ghostbusters thought that believing in aliens was stupid, or a character in Aliens thinking that the idea of ghosts was stupid.

No, I'm just looking for examples of it being done.

Like if a character in ghostbusters thought that believing in aliens was stupid, or a character in Aliens thinking that the idea of ghosts was stupid.

Believe me, the soldiers in ALIENS were only shitting their pants.

Got that on Blu Ray last week. Superb.

Last edited:
Remember to use spoilers.
Avengers Endgame

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom