Scottish Chief Medical Officer Caught Visiting Second Home During Lockdown

If I was Sturgeon I'd make a clear statement declaring her actions unacceptable but in this current time she's needed in her position which, after this has passed, would be vacated and somebody new brought in.

Sounds like a plan :thumbsup:

My 2p.

If you are standing on national TV telling the public to lockdown. You have to lockdown also within the boundaries of doing a nationally important job.

as such, you cannot go on a jaunt to your other home!

Is the Chief Medical Officer's second home property of the UK taxpayer? If not, I am not quite sure I see the comparison.
What makes me larf is she went with her husband who probably not thick but between then thought it was a good idea to ignore her own advice

Last edited:
And she has finally seen sense and resigned.......

Why do all these people get to "resign" from political positions.

They never get their ass canned for incompetence, corruption or being caught doing something they obviously shouldn't do.

They never get their ass canned for incompetence, corruption or being caught doing something they obviously shouldn't do.
Doesn’t look good on the CV

It's the right thing to do. Take responsibility for your actions. It could've been handled a lot better but we shouldn't rub salt in the wounds.

This has always infuriated me about politicians (granted she's not a politician but she's in that sphere). Many years ago I worked in Gamestation. If I had stolen a pre owned game worth less than a tenner, I'd have been fired without question.

It's just a weird part of our society that the more responsibility you have, the more you get away with.

Doesn’t look good on the CV
Politicians also want to draw a line under the episode, which a resignation permits

"Sacked" may lead to more stories or the employment tribunal

Well that press conference was a cringe fest.

Her position is surely untenable now.

I expect a ‘resignation’ by the end of the day.

Sturgeon was keen to defend her, but she won’t hear of the end of this if she stays after this level of hypocrisy at such a high level.

Wow, I must be psychic.

Best buy a lottery ticket...

She's been sacked alright, that's how high office people "resign".

She'll be wishing she'd done it during her press call earlier, at least she would have preserved more dignity then - what little she had left.

Who'd of thought this a month ago, someone being sacked for going to their weekend retreat?

Changed times...

More incidents like this will undoubtedly follow...

:blush:Boris Johnson traveling between his home and a hospital, yet he tells everyone else, to stay in.

Somebody should inform the Sun Newspaper.

As a senior civil servant in a position of huge responsibility she made a massive error in judgement, especially at a time of national crisis. She clearly should have known better and has now fallen on her sword, personally i find that disappointing as there are far bigger issues at stake and we need the best people in place to tackle this

The fact that anti independence supporters and the pro union media are / would continue to use the issue as a stick to beat the SNP is standard behaviour up here and for that reason alone it's probably for the best she's gone so minds can be focused back onto the priority of tackling this virus

Because then they would not get their handsome pay off's.

As a senior civil servant in a position of huge responsibility she made a massive error in judgement, especially at a time of national crisis. She clearly should have known better and has now fallen on her sword, personally i find that disappointing as there are far bigger issues at stake and we need the best people in place to tackle this

The fact that anti independence supporters and the pro union media are / would continue to use the issue as a stick to beat the SNP is standard behaviour up here and for that reason alone it's probably for the best she's gone so minds can be focused back onto the priority of tackling this virus
Prof Pennington is far more qualified for the job but he's not a nationalist which rules him out.
Why is any criticism of the SNP government and its advisers considered a no no, they are no different from any other political party when it comes to misbehaving and Sturgeon is no different when it comes to offering her full support to those that have been caught out.
Calderwood should have resigned immediately end of story instead of coming on TV to issue a worthless apology and then tell us that she is not leaving her job.

Party politics are entirely irrelevant with regards to whether she should've lost her job. Anyway, it's prob best for this thread to either be locked or allowed to fall away as the issue has been resolved.

Prof Pennington is far more qualified for the job but he's not a nationalist which rules him out.
Why is any criticism of the SNP government and its advisers considered a no no, they are no different from any other political party when it comes to misbehaving and Sturgeon is no different when it comes to offering her full support to those that have been caught out.
Calderwood should have resigned immediately end of story instead of coming on TV to issue a worthless apology and then tell us that she is not leaving her job.

Prof Pennington is in his 80's and has been retired for many years other than to get rolled out for interviews, yes he's a health expert but in no way would be suitable for that role why would you even mention him....oh because he's a unionist that just proves my point. My thoughts are it should be Gregor Smith as he's the deputy, i have zero idea of his politics before that's brought into it

I never said criticism was a no no but it's all entirely predictable and always runs along party and social lines, for example i could guess with almost certainty the football team the OP supports purely from reading what he's posted in this thread. That's the way it is, before i went to bed this morning i read a tweet Jackson Carlaw posted saying that was the end of it and that he had faith in NS to see us through this crisis, some of the replies from his own supporters and the anti SNP crowd were utterly vile and when i got up tonight he's had to delete it, that says it all

Anyway i see Tory MSP's are frantically deleting embarrassing tweets given all that's gone on, it's even made the S*n :rotfl:

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom