Scottish Premier League

Really not sure why this has gained so much adverse attention in the media?

Seems to me like it’s sensible business sense to start planning for the worst amidst all this uncertainty.
Here is the full statement for context. I applaud her actions, and clarity of communication. As I said before, I’m sure all clubs are starting to worry about the long term implications of these unprecedented circumstances.

......and rebuttal:

Last edited:
Really not sure why this has gained so much adverse attention in the media?

Seems to me like it’s sensible business sense to start planning for the worst amidst all this uncertainty.
Here is the full statement for context. I applaud her actions, and clarity of communication. As I said before, I’m sure all clubs are starting to worry about the long term implications of these unprecedented circumstances.

......and rebuttal:

Only Hearts and Aberdeen have made any statement and only Celtic have the cash reserves. I have heard that TRFC have 2-3 weeks of cash before they go the way of RFC(IL). I’m sure there are other clubs looking over the parapet right now also.

9 wins since 2018, 4 points adrift at the bottom of the SPFL, and they still want FULL wages deferred instead of a pay cut?

Terminate the contracts of every single one of them and start again next season, whenever that is, and whatever league it’s in.

fudgeing joke.

785B0B40-5A94-4477-BB40-AEC612A72E7C.jpeg

The SPFL, what an absolute tinpot organisation.

Is this guy for real?

The reason why this is happening is because every other club was looking after themselves, but Hearts aren’t supposed to look after their interests? The temerity of the guy to suggest Hearts, Partick, Stranraer should just suck it up to protect other clubs is fudgeing hilarious.

fudge them all.

Is this guy for real?

The reason why this is happening is because every other club was looking after themselves, but Hearts aren’t supposed to look after their interests? The temerity of the guy to suggest Hearts, Partick, Stranraer should just suck it up to protect other clubs is fudgeing hilarious.

fudge them all.

What's your alternative?

Sorry should if been clearer, to the current plan to end the season and relegate yourselves and the others? Do you think the season should have been scrapped or do you prefer reconstruction?

I would have preferred this season to be played out as and when it was safe to do so, and then reconfigure the next season when we know what we have to play with. I don’t see any point in impacting two seasons.

Failing that, I think league reconstruction, whether that is a temporary solution over two seasons, or permanent is also a viable solution. No team is penalised in that regard in respect to achieving promotion.

It’s interesting there was a clamour to call the league as soon as possible, but the Scottish Cup remains and will be played to its conclusion when fans are allowed back in stadia.

I would have preferred this season to be played out as and when it was safe to do so, and then reconfigure the next season when we know what we have to play with. I don’t see any point in impacting two seasons.

Failing that, I think league reconstruction, whether that is a temporary solution over two seasons, or permanent is also a viable solution. No team is penalised in that regard in respect to achieving promotion.

It’s interesting there was a clamour to call the league as soon as possible, but the Scottish Cup remains and will be played to its conclusion when fans are allowed back in stadia.

This is exactly how I view the situation with the PL.

Incidentally, Tranmere are coming out fighting with regards to them facing relegation too.

Chairman insisting that there should only be promotions and no relegations. They have a point for sure.

The pressure was always going to be on to call it so the smaller clubs could get payed out and have a chance of staying in business. As far as reconstruction goes that's a hard one, you know as well as me that if anything is proposed that cuts old firm visits from 4 to 2 that's going to be a non starter, clubs will never vote for that

I'm a Dons fan, i have no love for your club but i do wish something could have been sorted to keep you up. It's a better league with the bigger clubs all there

The pressure was always going to be on to call it so the smaller clubs could get payed out and have a chance of staying in business. As far as reconstruction goes that's a hard one, you know as well as me that if anything is proposed that cuts old firm visits from 4 to 2 that's going to be a non starter, clubs will never vote for that

I'm a Dons fan, i have no love for your club but i do wish something could have been sorted to keep you up. It's a better league with the bigger clubs all there

That is the crux of it mate, when all is said and done.

To be clear though, I don’t want rule changes just to keep Hearts up. We have been dreadful for 18 months and to be honest, if we do get the remaining games I’m not convinced we’d stay up anyway.............but that should be the only factor in why we get relegated, if we are not good enough after all the games have been played.

That is the crux of it mate, when all is said and done.

To be clear though, I don’t want rule changes just to keep Hearts up. We have been dreadful for 18 months and to be honest, if we do get the remaining games I’m not convinced we’d stay up anyway.............but that should be the only factor in why we get relegated, if we are not good enough after all the games have been played.

I've still got my fingers crossed Sevco liquidation 2.0 will leap to your rescue, i think the rest of us can sit round the camp fire and sing kumbaya to that :laugh:

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom