Scottish Premier League

Your edit is pretty much my view, Celtic did not need to get out of second gear as we were very well organised and got our tactics spot on. Rangers had a lot of the ball in the second half but never looked like scoring at all. McGregor saved it from being more. It was not a rout but it was a stroll in my opinion.

Only one game though so long way to go.

Cheers!

Yeah McGregor makes the typical Rangers defence of Tavernier, Goldson, Katic and Flanagan/Barisic look better than they are in important games. Goldson's passing the other day was mental, and Katic looked more clumsy than usual. Tavernier had far too much to do on the RHS as he's expected to attack and defend for the entire match now that Candeias is gone and Ojo is crap. Only defender with pass marks for me was Flanagan. Solid performance especially as he was up against the best winger (arguably player) in Scotland and he didn't give him a sniff.

Mikey Johnston had a good game for a youngster in an OF match. Helped that he was playing in his natural position this time.

Don't think Rangers needed four or five central midfielders on the pitch from the start of the game. Wasn't about holding possession against a Celtic team that was probably going to sit in for long periods in the game, was about penetration and stretching the play rather than congesting the centre of the pitch. Gerrard made a similar mistake last season at Parkhead for his first OF game which they lost 1-0.

Big Lyndon Dykes causing the Glasgow teams problems again. Like the look of him a lot. A real pest up front. Decent on the ball as well. Fast, decent touch, strong and an Aussie. Will do well up here.

Fraser Forster was immense today. Brick wall. Can't fathom how he was frozen out at Southampton. Rangers dominated large portions of the game but it was going to take something special to beat Forster today and they just didn't have it. Morelos' penalty was weak and Celtic outsmarted them when they went down to 10 men after Frimpong's red card. Forced Rangers to play through the middle and they just couldn't find a way through.

Daylight then floodlight robbery, offside goal (allegedly), missed penalty, loads of missed chances, an inspired goalkeeping display,... Its enough to make a grown person cry. And oh how they cried 😂😂😂

Hoping the Hoops will turn up today and put in a performance.

If the planets align while a blood moon occurs, Celtic might actually sign some players in this transfer window.

What affect will the delay have on Rangers given their current financial position and the fact they are heavily reliant on gate receipts?

What affect will the delay have on Rangers given their current financial position and the fact they are heavily reliant on gate receipts?

When I find someone who gives a shit I’ll get back to you mate.

As a Hearts fan, I’m all for voiding the season!:laugh:

When I find someone who gives a sh*t I’ll get back to you mate.

As a Hearts fan, I’m all for voiding the season!:laugh:

I was hoping to get an answer from a Rangers fan, or someone who might have an interest in Scottish football rather than someone who's only interest is to beat Hibs a few times a season. 😉

I was in Glasgow on Friday and all the talk was either about 9 in a row or Rangers going bust. Liverpool never got a mention which made for a pleasant change.

Last edited:
Taken from Sky Sports:

HEARTS PLAYERS ASKED TO TAKE PAY CUT

Hearts players and staff have been asked to take a 50 per cent wage cut to help the club get through the coronavirus outbreak.

The club's owner Ann Budge has made the request of individuals at the Scottish Premiership's bottom side six years after she helped take the Edinburgh team out of administration.

Taken from Sky Sports:

HEARTS PLAYERS ASKED TO TAKE PAY CUT

Hearts players and staff have been asked to take a 50 per cent wage cut to help the club get through the coronavirus outbreak.

The club's owner Ann Budge has made the request of individuals at the Scottish Premiership's bottom side six years after she helped take the Edinburgh team out of administration.

The first of many I'm sure. Interesting to see who leaves the club, as players have been given the option to go if they don't accept the reduction in wages.

The first of many I'm sure. Interesting to see who leaves the club, as players have been given the option to go if they don't accept the reduction in wages.

I am sure they will accept, unless they have plenty of dough in the bank and think they can get a transfer and big signing on fee.

I fear that clubs will go into administration and maybe liquidation (But fear not, the club will not be affected just ask TRFC lol).

Saw a graph on Twitter, showing how much each team spends a month and how much cash reserves they have, hearts were not the worst only TRFC outdid you but there will be puckering butts in 99% of the boardrooms.

Anyone leaving would be silly to, getting 50% to do nothing is better than getting nothing sitting at home.

I understand they have contracts but surely it's better to take a pay cut than see the club go under. I've no idea of it would only be a temporary pay cut but would think it is.

I am sure they will accept, unless they have plenty of dough in the bank and think they can get a transfer and big signing on fee.

I fear that clubs will go into administration and maybe liquidation (But fear not, the club will not be affected just ask TRFC lol).

Saw a graph on Twitter, showing how much each team spends a month and how much cash reserves they have, hearts were not the worst only TRFC outdid you but there will be puckering butts in 99% of the boardrooms.

The way they have performed this season, Hearts couldn't give them away.

I'm thinking they are taking these steps because it's the prudent thing to do given the extreme circumstances, but also to avoid dipping into the Foundation of Hearts donations which are there to take the club into fan owndership. If that happens, then that will be put back god knows how long.

Anyone leaving would be silly to, getting 50% to do nothing is better than getting nothing sitting at home.

I understand they have contracts but surely it's better to take a pay cut than see the club go under. I've no idea of it would only be a temporary pay cut but would think it is.

Exactly mate, and besides, which clubs at a similar level to us are going to be able to afford new players when they will be facing the exact same economic difficulties?

I do realise though that that is part of employment law, all parties need to unanimously agree to pay reductions, or it's redundancies/contract terminations.

There are many clubs as high as the Championship who operate beyond their means. I expect we will see many clubs up and down the land adopt this type of measure soon.

I also hope the club's don't forget about the other people who keep them going too.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom