SCREAM aka Scream 5 (14 January 2022)

Rate me

• Total voters
Last edited:
Hopefully I'll finally get to the cinema on Monday for this. Was going to go today but couldn't make it.

I'd expect it'll be nice and empty by then.

Saw this at the cinema yesterday. Thought it was excellent, combined original elements and gave a new take on them with some great scenes. 8/10 for me, but I've always loved the Scream films anyway (maybe not 4 so much).

It was the 11am screening in our local cineworld, only 4 of us in the whole screen. Like a private screening it was.

Saw this at the cinema yesterday. Thought it was excellent, combined original elements and gave a new take on them with some great scenes. 8/10 for me, but I've always loved the Scream films anyway (maybe not 4 so much).

It was the 11am screening in our local cineworld, only 4 of us in the whole screen. Like a private screening it was.
I do love those early scrdenings. It's the same for most I go to as well. More than once I've had the screening to myself!

Last edited:
I do you those early scrdenings. It's the same for most I go to as well. More than once I've had the screening to myself!
Yes, can't say I've ever had a bad screening or idiots in the same screen when going to an early one.

Just got back.

I liked it.

7.5/10 from me.

Maybe I was expecting worse, but I thought for the most part it was a worthy addition to the franchise. Didn't take itself too seriously, and didn't shy away from it's "requel" intentions.

The new cast were decent enough, and of course the old were a welcome addition and didn't overbear either. Which was nice. I'm not sure it would have worked without them. Okay the ending was a bit lazy and telegraphed with their involvement, but it was never trying to be anything different really.

The gore was a bit more than I was expecting too. Which for Scream is never a bad thing.

Just back. Thought it was ok. Nothing more.

Biggest gripe (really a big one) was people getting stabbed and shot etc and then still managing to escape/not die/resist getting killed etc.

Was bordering on Tom and Jerry levels of ridiculousness.

6/10 Overall. Could probably make a case for 7/10 at first but the second part descended downhill.

Photo from the 1996 premiere party for the original film.
DC5CEE1C-5C81-463D-8D04-F2778E2243FA.jpeg

Interesting Patrick Dempsey was there, went on to appear in Scream 3 and is still the husband of Sidney in the films.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom