second-hand/deleted albums

R

rhoamish

Can anyone recommend a website for second-hand or deleted albums?

I really want to get hold of a copy of Jehovahkill by Julian Cope, and I can't find it anywhere. I only ever had it on tape, after borrowing the album on CD from the library. It's been deleted for ages...

I know there's a couple of shops in Cambden Lock, but I really can't face going into London. Online would be good!

Thanks for that!

Jehovahkill isn't listed at the moment, but I'll keep checking...

Rhoamish --

Try either Gemm or Netsounds for rare/deleted records.

Basically both sites allow you to search the databases of 100's of records shops. Netsounds contains mainly UK based shops whereas Gemm is has more American (but not exclusively so in either case)

You'll definitely find it there but don't pay too much as it regularly crops up in one of the HMV 3 for £20 deals.

Funny, I was just listening to Cope's "Skellington" albums yesterday for the first time in years...

-- Barry

I've got Peggy Suicide in my car at the moment, it's still available! You can even buy Fried still.

I'm a huge Cope fan, but it baffles me that his (arguably) best album has been deleted. Hopefully it'll be re-released one day.

There's 3 or 4 Jehovahkills available at Gemm

Personally, I don't think it's as good as Peggy Suicide. My all time favourite album of his, though, is "World Shut Your Mouth" which, perversely, doesn't feature the song "World Shut Your Mouth"

His books, "Head On" and "Repossessed" are well worth a read too, especially "Head On"

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom