Second tv from Virgin V6

wink1

Novice Member
Reaction score
Virgin want to replace my old ,failing Tivo box.
I an currently feeding signals to a kitchen TV via an rf modulator and co-ax ,which carries both terrestrial and analogue Tivo channels ,utilising the scart output on the Tivo.
However it seems the scart on the V6 box is not enabled.
So; I realise I could simply split the HDMI and use an additional HDMI cable to the kitchen, but difficult.
Is there any way of sending V6 signals to the kitchen via the existing co-ax.
I have an RF modulator but presume I need something else?
Thanks

It’s a pain pal. I had the same issue moving from TiVo to V6 with the wiring already in place. The only way I could make it work was HDMI from the V6 into a HDMI splitter. From there, a HDMI cable to a scart converter and then a scart cable to an RF converter. It would work then not work then I would get sound but not picture so I binned it off! Yes I could get a 2nd box however my TV is wall mounted and the cables are buried within the wall so I don’t want to be digging them out?

That's my problem,requires structural work!
Any solution out there.?
Is it possible to enable the scart outlet on the V6 ?

There is no scart output on the V6, hence the issue. Only has HDMI output!

Thanks, I understood there was scart but not enabled, confess I've not seen one!

I wish. If there was a scart my old wiring system would still work! What we really need is VM to come up with their equivalent of the Sky Q box. To be honest, having Sky Q is enough to make me swop providers!

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom