Sennheiser Ambeo Soundbar

I still have a soft spot for this but the lack of rear speakers is frustrating and it looks like Sennheiser won't be releasing anymore soundbars.

Anyone have an Amazon Music HD or Tidal sub and tried out Atmos/360 Reality music? Currently have Google Play Music and was wondering if it would be worth the switch? Also, does this would when casting or would you need a dedicated unit like Nvidia Shield?

Watched Dr Sleep on BR at the weekend and the Ambeo gave it's best performance to date. Stunning room filling sound, even had a few noises behind me and the bass in that film is awesome!

New unit being ordered this week which will raise it another 8cm closer to ear height so could be better still!

Watched Dr Sleep on BR at the weekend and the Ambeo gave it's best performance to date. Stunning room filling sound, even had a few noises behind me and the bass in that film is awesome!

New unit being ordered this week which will raise it another 8cm closer to ear height so could be better still!
Yep it's a reference source the better fed the better sound😉

is it possible to fix soundlevel?
lets say i bought a Sonos Connect/port, pligter it to rca om Ambeo. Would i be able to fix Volume level on Ambeo, so test i Can control volume solo om Sonos?

is it possible to fix soundlevel?
lets say i bought a Sonos Connect/port, pligter it to rca om Ambeo. Would i be able to fix Volume level on Ambeo, so test i Can control volume solo om Sonos?
What's the point of that ? As standalone unit it should be on it's own . Enlighten me .

What's the point of that ? As standalone unit it should be on it's own . Enlighten me .
I have some sonos speakers around the House, and a connect should give me The opportunity To stream tv Sound to those speakers

I have some sonos speakers around the House, and a connect should give me The opportunity To stream tv Sound to those speakers
Aha that should probably work but for volume control i should go with sonos app i believe but i'm not quit sure maybe other tech lovers could help here to be certain or ask in the sonos section;)

Which commands can i use Google assistent for on this soundbar?
Is it possible to activate nightmode?

I'm a bit uncertain what to do next really.
I've definitely got this crackle of plastic issue on my second unit.
It's not ridiculously prominent, but enough to annoy now I'm listening for it.
Is it worth speaking to Sevenoaks about it and then see what they say?

Hi, how long did you have your ambeo speaker from original purchase to replacement and finally a refund ? How did sevenoaks treat the situation?

I am in exactly the same situation (2nd unit after the same faults...) with plastic creaking (when on & off - hour long after!), centre speaker dialogue is quiet, Far left speaker is making an odd noise when bass is deep to name a few...). I’ve contacted Sevenoaks via email today as my patience ran out... waiting for a response but I’m just worried they will say no to refund - it is the second unit - they should consider a refund, surely? So dissatisfied because when it worked, it’s incredible. Too many issues.

Last edited:
Hi, how long did you have your ambeo speaker from original purchase to replacement and finally a refund ? How did sevenoaks treat the situation?

I am in exactly the same situation (2nd unit after the same faults...) with plastic creaking (when on & off - hour long after!), centre speaker dialogue is quiet, Far left speaker is making an odd noise when bass is deep to name a few...). I’ve contacted Sevenoaks via email today as my patience ran out... waiting for a response but I’m just worried they will say no to refund - is the second unit - they should consider a refund, surely? So dissatisfied because when it worked, it’s incredible. Too many issues.
I didn't really have an issue, they were great about it.
What I did do was send Sennheiser an email detailing my problem and telling them that I wanted a refund from Sevenoaks. I then copied in Sevenoaks when sending the email. So I effectively mentioned what I'd like to happen to both parties.

I was then offered a refund from Sevenoaks.

D
I didn't really have an issue, they were great about it.
What I did do was send Sennheiser an email detailing my problem and telling them that I wanted a refund from Sevenoaks. I then copied in Sevenoaks when sending the email. So I effectively mentioned what I'd like to happen to both parties.

I was then offered a refund from Sevenoaks.
Thanks for replying. How long did you have the speaker and the replacement Before deciding to ask for a refund Because of the faults?

and what email address did you use for Sennheiser? Thanks pal

Last edited:
D

Thanks for replying. How long did you have the speaker and the replacement Before deciding to ask for a refund Because of the faults?

and what email address did you use for Sennheiser? Thanks pal
It was about 5 months from my first purchase to my eventual refund. In that time I had 3 independent units, all with defects.
The email for sennheiser was [email protected] and the Sevenoaks one was [email protected]

It was about 5 months from my first purchase to my eventual refund. In that time I had 3 independent units, all with defects.
The email for sennheiser was [email protected] and the Sevenoaks one was [email protected]

Cool. This is my second bar but that’s enough for me... exact same faults in each one (worse in the replacement...).I’ve had mine around 8 months 5 for the 1st, 3 months for the second. Just gutted! When it works - loved it. Thank you so much for taking the time out to reply, appreciate it.

Last edited:
They just accepted the refund.

If there are any more questions or tips you need then please feel free to ask.
Awesome. I’ve sent an essay of an email to both Sennheiser and Sevenoaks - outlining the faults and issues, along with supported photos, videos and sound bite/reference. Asked for full refund (no exchange). See what they say... Shouldn’t be an issue hopefully. I think there is inherent issues in this product unfortunately.

Awesome. I’ve sent an essay of an email to both Sennheiser and Sevenoaks - outlining the faults and issues, along with supported photos, videos and sound bite/reference. Asked for full refund (no exchange). See what they say... Shouldn’t be an issue hopefully. I think there is inherent issues in this product unfortunately.
I agree. Sevenoaks told me that it looked as if sennheiser was having problems with this bar when I contacted them on the phone after my refund had been organised. This implied toe thag they had seen several customers with these 'inherent issues'

I agree. Sevenoaks told me that it looked as if sennheiser was having problems with this bar when I contacted them on the phone after my refund had been organised. This implied toe thag they had seen several customers with these 'inherent issues'
Hi mate, just to let you know that they accepted a return and I’m now just awaiting a full refund. They were actually really good about it, normally they want to test, send off, test, send away... ha. They never mentioned about other customers with similar issues but at least they acted swiftly. Just have no clue what to get now... my room is set up for a soundbar. Arc looks great but I don’t have eArc 2.1...

Hi mate, just to let you know that they accepted a return and I’m now just awaiting a full refund. They were actually really good about it, normally they want to test, send off, test, send away... ha. They never mentioned about other customers with similar issues but at least they acted swiftly. Just have no clue what to get now... my room is set up for a soundbar. Arc looks great but I don’t have eArc 2.1...
I've already got the LG SN11RG.
Definitely the best there is at the moment.

Absolutely.
The sound bubble is the best I've heard.
better than the Ambeo? For all it’s build quality faults (in my opinion) - would you say it’s better? Bass? Atmos?

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom