SeriouslyCinema's News, Products and Offers.

CLIC AV furniture now on permanent display at our Hertfordshire cinema and media room showrooms.
A6603908-A5F5-4645-9914-BB021A596459.jpeg
78BF9EE7-D04C-48DA-B226-D6819886A433.png

I had thought ceiling speakers were a no go region for serious music and HT?

In an ideal world we would not specify in ceiling speakers. We have to be led by client requirements. In wall and in room were a no go in this £1,000,000 basement as interior designer led.
We chose Origin Acoustics D69 in ceilings as these are shallow, can be angled to the MLP and do sound fantastic for both movies and music. The Persona subwoofer was £7.5k and again was chosen for its looks, custom finish and most importantly we need a high output subwoofer as the basement is large.
Yes the Personas can be used with RoomPerfect. We have installed quite a few Personas with Lyngdorf processors and TDAI’s.

In an ideal world we would not specify in ceiling speakers. We have to be led by client requirements. In wall and in room were a no go in this £1,000,000 basement as interior designer led.
We chose Origin Acoustics D69 in ceilings as these are shallow, can be angled to the MLP and do sound fantastic for both movies and music. The Persona subwoofer was £7.5k and again was chosen for its looks, custom finish and most importantly we need a high output subwoofer as the basement is large.
Yes the Personas can be used with RoomPerfect. We have installed quite a few Personas with Lyngdorf processors and TDAI’s.

It is a nice room. But I struggle to understand anyone spending that kind of cash on a HT system and then compromising it deliberately...

Surely nearly invisible in-walls would have been a noticeable improvement.

Still, no accounting for ladies taste. Pity though.

It is a nice room. But I struggle to understand anyone spending that kind of cash on a HT system and then compromising it deliberately...

Surely nearly invisible in-walls would have been a noticeable improvement.

Still, no accounting for ladies taste. Pity though.
I couldn’t agree more. The clients are older shall we say and an 88” TV was a massive step. When interior designers become involved life gets difficult for us. This is why we will be carrying out CPD training for interior designers and architects in the near future.

I couldn’t agree more. The clients are older shall we say and an 88” TV was a massive step. When interior designers become involved life gets difficult for us. This is why we will be carrying out CPD training for interior designers and architects in the near future.

‘Life gets difficult’... why do I get the impression that that is a diplomatic understatement :D

I can imagine one flouncing around; all about appearance before awesomeness.

I've got to admit I zoomed in on the cupboard doors below the TV expecting them to have fabric (was viewing a phone at the time), then I noticed the ceiling speakers. Funny that they wouldn't have inwall speakers but have got an 'obvious' looking sub (IMHO) where a downfiring one in white, or concealed in a cupboard as you've done previously would have been more discrete.

End of the day it's their money and knowing you it'll sound as good as it possibly could too. :smashin:

Yes, I was being very diplomatic. I believe the interior designers words were “I don’t care about the audio and its not my problem”🤨
He / she sounds like a right jobsworth!

Yes, I was being very diplomatic. I believe the interior designers words were “I don’t care about the audio and its not my problem”🤨

Damned arrogant philistine.

Could he not have ‘fallen’ down those obviously hazardous stairs?

I've got to admit I zoomed in on the cupboard doors below the TV expecting them to have fabric (was viewing a phone at the time), then I noticed the ceiling speakers. Funny that they wouldn't have inwall speakers but have got an 'obvious' looking sub (IMHO) where a downfiring one in white, or concealed in a cupboard as you've done previously would have been more discrete.

End of the day it's their money and knowing you it'll sound as good as it possibly could too. :smashin:
We needed a very high output subwoofer. Cabinetry not large enough and so the sub had to look good. Wanted to put a big Procella sub in a cupboard but was not allowed.

Different priorities to deal with in your game I guess. Though I'm surprised the cabinetry isn't big enough as it looks like the designer left two coffins to the side of the TV. ;)

Different priorities to deal with in your game I guess. Though I'm surprised the cabinetry isn't big enough as it looks like the designer left two coffins to the side of the TV. ;)
Industrial sized air con units in the cabinets.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom