Seven Worlds, One Planet 4K Blu-ray Review & Comments

I'm guessing it's safe to assume that the non 4k Blu-ray is equally as excellent all things taken into consideration. Anybody have experience with that format? Thanks

Why would it be safe to assume? It lacks 4K, hdr and wide colour gamut, so cannot be in the same ballpark.

Why would it be safe to assume? It lacks 4K, hdr and wide colour gamut, so cannot be in the same ballpark.
It was kind of a question- what I meant was I assume the blu-ray release is as excellent within its format (as previous releases have been). I suspect you knew that but preferred to belittle my question with your amazing knowledge of UHD specs

It was kind of a question- what I meant was I assume the blu-ray release is as excellent within its format (as previous releases have been). I suspect you knew that but preferred to belittle my question with your amazing knowledge of UHD specs

My knowledge of specs has nothing to do with your poorly phrased query. But if previous bbc released have been good then it’s a safe presumption.

Enjoy the rest of your night.

@Casimir Harlow can you stop with the 10/10 reviews? I have a family to feed.

Pretty sure this is the last one for 2019 mate. So you can push back the remortgage and/or organ selling until 2020. But now Studiocanal have announced their next batch of 'classics' for DV 4K treatment, all bets are off next year.

There's nothing political about facts. Humans are destroying life on earth. It's genuinely that simple. And on a scale so rapid and so vast that anyone with a conscience can't fail but to be appalled at what is happening. Humans are incredibly intelligent creatures, and yet staggeringly, maddeningly, perversely selfish and destructive.

If we found out that there was a Blue Whale swimming around in an ocean on Venus, we'd spend trillions of ££££'s to go and witness it.
Put one on our own planet, and we'd queue up to kill it.
😢😢😢

I have been watching it this week,it is not a landmark event as the first Planet Earth,but the formula is still as fascinating as ever and the content and the presentation impeccable.Maybe the best WCG use i have ever seen,here are some phone camera shots.The image is even richer,sharper and deeper in room.

20191211_073525.jpg
20191211_073631.jpg

Thanks Cas for the Review ! ordered mine waiting fo delivery...
- So now we have PE II , BP II, Dynasties, Oceans BBC, and Seven Worlds in 4K UHD (i'm skipping the Earth amazing day as it is a recap of PE II).

Have i missed any other landmark BBC series that is available on 4K ? please inform me.

Now, i'm just wondering if OG planet Earth, and Blue Planet, Human Planet, Frozen Planet, Life (the 2009 one) ... will ever be poduced in 4K ? i beleive they have been shot on 35mm and/or 70mm film, will we have em in 4K one day ?

Planet Earth (2006) was so good and majestic that to me it's the best Documentary ever produced (of course PE2 beats it in PQ, but the originality of 2006 makes it the one for me), and LOF (1979) is the most innovative Docu Series ever (afer all it started it all).

I’m watching this on iPlayer on my b7. Picks up hdr but no atmos?

- So now we have PE II , BP II, Dynasties, Oceans BBC, and Seven Worlds in 4K UHD
What's the Oceans series you're talking about? I don't remember that one.
Edited so that the quote didn't include my comment.

What's the Oceans series you're talking about? I don't remember that one.
Edited so that the quote didn't include my comment.
Coming in January.

Actually out in USA only.

So glad this one got Atmos. Must add it to my BBC Earth collection.

That's what makes me laugh at Extinction Rebellion. The UK could become carbon neutral tomorrow but it's peeing in the wind until the big polluters like those you mention get their act together.

Sadly, I agree with that. Extinction are crapping on the converted. As long as the USA, China, India, Asia, Africa and S. America continue as they are, all that greening the UK/EU will achieve is making us poorer and uncompetitive.

Burning off jungle and forests to grow palm oil or raise cattle, dumping rubbish in the sea and increasing the number of coal fire power plants won't clean the air that we breathe. And the number of prople to feed will still grow.

— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —
Humanity, along with most of the species on the planet, has no future. It's a fact. It's too little, too late and we are very soon past the point of no return, if we have not passed it already. Unfortunately, the only way I can get by day to day is to remind myself of this as infrequently as possible, which is why I won't be watching this. Too heartbreaking.

Last edited:
Humanity, along with most of the species on the planet, have no future. It's a fact. It's too little, too late and we are very soon past the point of no return, if we have not passed it already. Unfortunately, the only way I can get by day to day is to remind myself of this as infrequently as possible, which is why I won't be watching this. Too heartbreaking.
Sickening isn't it.
When you see the natural beauty of this world, it's unbelievable that we could **** it all up the way we have done....

Note to the film crew....PLEASE no more penguins, seals and sea lions!
Or snakes there so rude always sticking their tongues out :p<thats them.:nono:

I am on my second viewing now and while there are way too many bears and monkeys and some creatures have probably been presented before(dancing birds,mayflies,etc.),all episodes are interesting,expansive and dazzling.

The PQ is often sublime,just a bit uneven and some episodes-Africa,Antarctica and to a lesser extent,Asia-are noticeably inferior to the rest,i think.

Some more shots...
20191211_073720.jpg
20191215_094928.jpg
20191215_095003.jpg

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom