Shed of Infinite Darkness

They are comfortable sets, a number I’ve sat in at different installs have looked the part but when you sit in you realise there is more than looks to comfort. Nice seats

I'd be interested, please link your thread here if you do

So whats the consensus on this offer
if the company is dodgy would Amazon have it on there site?
the £1000 .00 saving cant be ignored on the other hand is seems too good to be true
if buying by credit card you would be protected by the CC company
Amazon product ASIN B07L9JCCV1

So whats the consensus on this offer
if the company is dodgy would Amazon have it on there site?
the £1000 .00 saving cant be ignored on the other hand is seems too good to be true
if buying by credit card you would be protected by the CC company
Amazon product ASIN B07L9JCCV1
So what I do with Amazon when I question the company is look at Amazon's Company listing from them. In this case gives a listing for 52 Carters Rise, Calcot. I then do a Google Maps and see if it's a business? No it's not it's a house, ok not necessarily an issue for an AV Vendor.

I then go to the Governments Companies House Website and see what the Company is registered for:

In this case: 45112 - Sale of used cars and light motor vehicles

I then see if they've paid and filed their accounts properly.

In this case I see:
Company status: Active — Active proposal to strike off

This last bit means it's being struck off and there's further detail in the link.

So if this was my £1450 I would not be risking it. Hope that helps. Sometimes when something looks to good to be true....

Now saying all that it could be 100% legit and I'm to risk averse.

So what I do with Amazon when I question the company is look at Amazon's Company listing from them. In this case gives a listing for 52 Carters Rise, Calcot. I then do a Google Maps and see if it's a business? No it's not it's a house, ok not necessarily an issue for an AV Vendor.

I then go to the Governments Companies House Website and see what the Company is registered for:

In this case: 45112 - Sale of used cars and light motor vehicles

I then see if they've paid and filed their accounts properly.

In this case I see:
Company status: Active — Active proposal to strike off

This last bit means it's being struck off and there's further detail in the link.

So if this was my £1450 I would not be risking it. Hope that helps. Sometimes when something looks to good to be true....

Now saying all that it could be 100% legit and I'm to risk averse.
I also followed the company trail and I tend to agree
going by the PDF the company would be struck off and dissolved in May 2020
why would Amazon be selling items from a dissolved company

I contacted Octane and tried to cancel my order until there was some clarity I am still waiting for a response
also strange is I can no longer find the 3 seater for sale by Octane now, Amazon always links me to the GEO Ltd offer

Guys, not wanting to derail further, but while we're all taking seating - I contacted Octane US saying I wanted custom colours not available on the UK amazon site, and asked about shipping to the UK. They said they don't ship to the UK, as we know, but they linked me to their European dealer saying they can place custom orders and supply the whole Octane range.

I've been in contact with them and they can supply the seats I want in the colours I want, as a special order delivered to the UK. Obviously there is a premium to pay to account for the special order and the shipping and the taxes, but it gets you what you want if you are prepared to pay the extra. Delivery can be long, but that's okay with me.

Details provided by Octane US below:
www.movieplaceshop.com
[email protected]

And
www.rseat-europe.com
[email protected]

Though it seems both the above are actually the same company, and they are based in France. Communication has been great, and they must be legit and reputable as they were recommended by Octane themselves as their European dealer. Though it's strange how others have flatly been told that they don't ship to the UK other than the limited range in black on Amazon. Perhaps it depends on the knowledge of who you speak to?

Worth having a word with them if you want a colour other than black, or a special configuration like a love seat / sofa, or a model not on Amazon.

And maybe if a few on here time orders together as mentioned above, it may make shipping quicker as I think it depends on slots in shipping crates (I may be wrong).

So get that thread started! (or add to the existing Octane thread perhaps)

thanks
great choices
Do you notice the difference with DTS:X Pro ?

sorry mate, didn’t see this post.

In all honesty, Atmos and DTSX pro sound identical to me, I’d be amazed if anyone could notice a difference.

sorry mate, didn’t see this post.

In all honesty, Atmos and DTSX pro sound identical to me, I’d be amazed if anyone could notice a difference.
no problem
i suppose that was what they intended
would you say it is a step up from the DTS up mixer?

no problem
i suppose that was what they intended
would you say it is a step up from the DTS up mixer?

yeah, it is, but certain dts tracks also sound incredible, the trinnov upmixer incredible.

special mentions to oblivion, Skyfall, dawn of the planet of the apes, gravity and the day after tomorrow.

the above will match virtually any DTSX or Atmos mix.

I like using the start of "Spectre" as a demo the drum at the start really kicks, then when the building collapses it sounds awesome the Helicopter scene is probably the best I hear but the helicopter was better with the Arendals than the SVS subs

Last edited:
I like using the start of "Spectre" as a demo the drum at the start really kicks, then when the building collapses it sounds awesome the Helicopter scene is probably the best I hear but it was better with the Arendals than the SVS subs

that’s interesting. How are you finding the difference overall? I really do like the impact and speed of the arendals, will be good to hear the new ones when they are released.

that’s interesting. How are you finding the difference overall? I really do like the impact and speed of the arendals, will be good to hear the new ones when they are released.
first off I tried the Arendals in ported mode many times and always went back to sealed

Its a question I will find hard to answer because in some respects I find the SVS better but also missing something
a mate of mine who has heard them both in my room described the Arendals as being too polite in comparison to the SVS but for some reason for me the SVS subs just don't gel the same

another clip I used for comparison is right at the start of "A Star is Born" the bass guitar sounded sublime with the Arendal's with the SVS I can hardly distinguish the bass guitar
the other side of the coin is with the pod emergence from WOW with SVS it is far better

first off I tried the Arendals in ported mode many times and always went back to sealed

Its a question I will find hard to answer because in some respects I find the SVS better but also missing something
a mate of mine who has heard them both in my room described the Arendals as being too polite in comparison to the SVS but for some reason for me the SVS subs just don't gel the same

another clip I used for comparison is right at the start of "A Star is Born" the bass guitar sounded sublime with the Arendal's with the SVS I can hardly distinguish the bass guitar
the other side of the coin is with the pod emergence from WOW with SVS it is far better

I think you’ve nailed the reasons why Arendal are changing their subs with the new amp plates. More brute force but same level of musicality. I’m certainly looking forward to getting them.

I’m planning on have a pair of stacked 1s behind my screen, so 4 subs and then a pair of 2s, one for each rear corner.

Big upgrades coming in my rack next week 🥳

Big upgrades coming in my rack next week 🥳
I hope this isn't going to end up costing me more unplanned spend yet again ;)

To replace the Emotiva? How long was that? :thumbsup:

The fuse went on the plug - of course it was time to change :rotfl:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom