Sherlock Holmes: A Game of Shadows 4K Blu-ray Review & Comments

Casimir Harlow

Movies Editor
Reaction score
Despite liking Downey in many things he just never convinced for me in this role in either film. Whether it was some ridiculous bias and prejudice I have about an American playing the role or the fact that I was watching it the same time as I was watching the "Elementary" series with the outstanding Jonny Lee Miller I don't know.

I can't say I didn't enjoy it at all but I was left with a bit of a "meh" feeling if I'm honest.

G

Despite liking Downey in many things he just never convinced for me in this role in either film. Whether it was some ridiculous bias and prejudice I have about an American playing the role or the fact that I was watching it the same time as I was watching the "Elementary" series with the outstanding Jonny Lee Miller I don't know.

I can't say I didn't enjoy it at all but I was left with a bit of a "meh" feeling if I'm honest.

G
Dingy Bird

I have to admit being a bit disappointed having bought this and finding out that the 4K wasn’t in the 1:85 ratio that the back cover says it was in:

22C62E1E-74BD-446F-B561-03AC52644368.jpeg

Great review- deffo picking up the 2 Sherlock 4K discs sometime. :thumbsup:

Thanks for the Review, Cas. Just like the first Movie, need to give it a spin & see how it sits for me versus the other Holmes First Class editions

A great start and a tremendous end mostly make up for a lazy middle
I think I just found my eulogy title, to be set out in my conditional will. Cheers, Cas.

I'm starting to struggle justifying buying a lot of reissues on 4k. The differences from the blu rays don't seem enough to justify twenty quid, or fifteen if you go for the double pack. They need to start putting more effort in to get my cash.

Watched this last night on 4k UHD.....I found it a dull looking picture...didn't have any "pop", but I guess that was the idea of the style. Sound quality was good.

Watched it with the kids and I hadn't seen it for a few years. I enjoyed it, but I imagine it would annoy those that may be fans of the character, based on RDJ's interpretation.

Watched this last night on 4k UHD.....I found it a dull looking picture...didn't have any "pop", but I guess that was the idea of the style. Sound quality was good.

Watched it with the kids and I hadn't seen it for a few years. I enjoyed it, but I imagine it would annoy those that may be fans of the character, based on RDJ's interpretation.
Least he wasn’t doing a Welsh accent.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom