Should Big Ben Chime to mark the EU exit on the 31st Jan?

• Thread starter Deleted member 202217
  • Start date

Should Big Ben Chime to mark the EU exit on the 31st Jan?

• Yes

Votes: 24 29.3%
  • No

Votes: 33 40.2%
  • Don't care

Votes: 25 30.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
D

Deleted member 202217

I am delighted Sir Lindsay Hoyle has decided to reverse Bercow's decision and not stand in the way of Big Ben marking our exit out of the EU.

If the House wants to do it the House will do it.

Refreshing to see impartiality again.

But do you agree?

If Brexiteers want a bong, give them a bong!

The EU is an organisation not a country. So IMO no need to ring out about it.

It's not like declaring independence from a colonial power.

The EU is an organisation not a country. So IMO no need to ring out about it.

My initial reaction was yes please, but actually you make a very good point and I’ve changed my mind.

Just everyone silently waving the Union Jack instead :)

Just like a state funeral? How apt.
??? If that is what you associate flying the Union flag with than I think you’ve got bigger negativity issues. Come on dude have some pride. Fly the flag proudly.

tell that to Farage, Widdecombe and Johnson, our modern day Gandhis/Mandelas/Wilberforces according to some, including themselves

??? If that is what you associate flying the Union flag with than I think you’ve got bigger negativity issues. Come on dude have some pride. Fly the flag proudly.
I have loads of positivity thanks. I was all for bongs for the Brexiteers as per the title rather than your suggestion of moping around in silence waving a Union flag.

tell that to Farage, Widdecombe and Johnson, our modern day Gandhis/Mandelas/Wilberforces according to some, including themselves
If they already know it then it doesn't need me to tell them.

If they already know it then it doesn't need me to tell them.
but you said it's not like that, which I why I suggested telling them that

I have loads of positivity thanks. I was all for bongs for the Brexiteers as per the title rather than your suggestion of moping around in silence waving a Union flag.
I did not suggest to be moping around at all. But come on dude interpretation flying a flag to celebrate Brexit with a state funeral? No spinning will help to suggest you have loads of positivity.

I did not suggest to be moping around at all. But come on dude interpretation flying a flag to celebrate Brexit with a state funeral? No spinning will help to suggest you have loads of positivity.
I don't need to suggest I have lots of positivity, I know I have lots of positivity! Either way, each to their own. You wave your flag in silence, the rest can bong with Big Ben. Alas the 31st is a Friday so I will have headed home for the weekend.

Take pride in positive action, in positive deeds, and positive values. Everything about Brexit is retrograde and unqualified for pride. No quantity of little flags will change that.

Take pride in positive action, in positive deeds, and positive values. Everything about Brexit is retrograde and unqualified for pride. No quantity of little flags will change that.
I don't look at Brexit as retrograde. I view it as a form of unstitching and using the material to create something better.

You see, more negativity ;) get with the programme and stop fighting it. 👍

In your opinion!

Hmmmm... I think criticism is a good and positive thing. It prevents complacency and highlights areas of weakness.
Constructive criticism most definitely is. That, and in this context, was not that ;)

Direct your angry indignation into furious flag waving please.
:facepalm:

What anger? I said in your opinion, because that’s all it is, your opinion.

In my opinion you are wrong.

Edit - I should also add I haven’t mentioned anything about flag waving. Not my sort of thing.

Last edited:
:facepalm:

What anger?

A common running theme from remainers is to use phrases like "anger" and "rage" against leavers to justify and rationalise their view.
When in fact its themselves are full to the brim with it..

There is no anger in above posts, so why turn it into something it's not.

Just saying...

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom