Show me your rack!

jay7210

Novice Member
Reaction score
Got the idea for this thread from over on AVSforums, so........ Let's see em!

Here's my work in progress, still need a little fettling

From this:

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1417006636.554863.jpg

To this

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1417006659.037469.jpg

I bet the meter reader loves you, how do you get a meter reading?

Readings are sent in online by me and use of my iPhone camera! I did enquire about moving it to the other side of the wall where it will be outside, but the quote was a stupid figure!

Figured I'd post my 'rack'. Full details can be seen over on my home cinema thread, link in signature.

The HDMI kit has changed since these photos were taken, but the network kit remains pretty much the same.

IMG_7052.jpg

Old HDMI setup: http://lsnet.co/uploads/IMG_6937.jpg

IMG_6927.jpg

IMG_6928.jpg

IMG_6931.jpg

IMG_6934.jpg

Last edited:
Seriously OTT kit, the computer kit is basically a lab for work so I can just about justify it.

Still running 4x Gefen HDMI extenders, but bought a Master Ki 8x8 HDMI matrix which is a rebranded Wyrestorm matrix (or so I have been told). Photo here: Home Cinema, Multi-zone AV and DIY automation | AVForums

Will try get some updated photos this weekend if I get chance!

prepare to have your minds blown!
this is mostly just tp put here as inspiration to sort this out and make a proper job of it! I've just bought a house and I'm currently renovating it room by room, so adding in networking as I go. I had just finished the living room and needed somewhere to terminate the networking so knocked up with 'rack' case with rack-strip and zip-ties! it can only get better! lol
IMAG3338.jpg

The only place I could fit a rack was under the small stairs in my bungalow. I drilled some hold 3" inch holes on the side , and the top of the front panel ( on the left ) to help circulate air. I have a temp gauge in there and it hovers around 25 degrees , peaks ay 28 . Haven't had any problems so far. The entire AV system for the property is located here . Including CCTV, alarm, broadband, Sky boxes, Sonos , Nas, PS3 etc.

I still need to get round to finishing the cat 5 patch panel .

jay7210 do you mind if I ask where you got your shelves from for your rack as I need a few to tidy mine up

The only place I could fit a rack was under the small stairs in my bungalow. I drilled some hold 3" inch holes on the side , and the top of the front panel ( on the left ) to help circulate air. I have a temp gauge in there and it hovers around 25 degrees , peaks ay 28 . Haven't had any problems so far. The entire AV system for the property is located here . Including CCTV, alarm, broadband, Sky boxes, Sonos , Nas, PS3 etc.

I still need to get round to finishing the cat 5 patch panel .

Which CCTV system did you go for?

Thanks

jay7210 do you mind if I ask where you got your shelves from for your rack as I need a few to tidy mine up

Got most of the racking from a place called pro audi stash. Very helpfull people! I ordered the wrong size rack origionally but they went out of their way to assist.

The only gripe i have at the moment is that my new avr4000 amp is getting a little warm, so i am looking at putting a fixed shelf in there for it as they have no sides.

I have put a couple of fans in for now to move some air around....

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1418043829.233373.jpg

And a temp controller, although i think it needs calibrating as its no way that warm in there!!!!

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1418043872.905541.jpg

prepare to have your minds blown!
this is mostly just tp put here as inspiration to sort this out and make a proper job of it! I've just bought a house and I'm currently renovating it room by room, so adding in networking as I go. I had just finished the living room and needed somewhere to terminate the networking so knocked up with 'rack' case with rack-strip and zip-ties! it can only get better! lol
IMAG3338.jpg

Everyone has to start somewhere, and the beauty of this is you can keep it nice and tidy as you buld it up!

Very nice can you list the stuff from top down please as it looks very neat !

Slick! I like the clean looks! I take it you have got filler pieces above and below the amp? Is your amp on a sever shelf??

Very nice can you list the stuff from top down please as it looks very neat !
Hey thanks, yeah...

Patch panel
Brush plate
Netgear GS724
Draytek 2860
Control4 IO ext
Control4 HC800
Control4 Audio Matrix v3
Wyrestorm MX-0808 HDMI matrix
Mac mini + Apple TV 2
Sky HD
Sky HD
PS4
Kaleidescape Cinema One
Onkyo 616
Control4 8 Zone amp.

Slick! I like the clean looks! I take it you have got filler pieces above and below the amp? Is your amp on a sever shelf??
Hey, the Onkyo is on a 4U shelf from Pro Audio Stash with a 1U blanking plate above it. The Onkyo actually has a 120mm fan inside of it as standard, so the extra space above it is to allow for it. You can hear the relay in the amp click in and out to turn on the fan when the room warms up, but the fan is silent.

The black unit below the Onkyo is a 8 zone amp which takes up 2U but the rack mount is 3U and adds the extra half a U top and bottom with vents, something like the attached image.

Attachments

• 3urackmountkitvented.jpg
    3urackmountkitvented.jpg
    53.8 KB · Views: 240
Nice! very clean. How do you control it all? Never looked at the Control4 kit before.

Figured I'd post my 'rack'. Full details can be seen over on my home cinema thread, link in signature.

The HDMI kit has changed since these photos were taken, but the network kit remains pretty much the same.

IMG_7052.jpg

Old HDMI setup: http://lsnet.co/uploads/IMG_6937.jpg

IMG_6927.jpg

IMG_6928.jpg

IMG_6931.jpg

IMG_6934.jpg
Nice work, and what a great idea putting coasters on the bottom, I'd never of thought of that until it was too late.

Very nice, what monitor is that? I'd love one which fits in the rack.

Very nice, what monitor is that? I'd love one which fits in the rack.
It's just a cheap LG TV with VGA input mounted on one of these. Just had to shop around for one the perfect width.
Wanted a TV rather than a monitor so it could also be used for troubleshooting TV source problems and setting up equipment.

-- As an eBay Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases --
Ah I have been looking for a HDMI one which is native 1080p but never had much luck in finding something.

Did you use a special bracket or is it a DIY masterpiece? :D

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom