Question Sky Go

Preacher

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi all,
I just lost the HDD on my humax Freesat so I thought I would give sky another go after 15 years. My question is - I get hooked up in a few days but can use the sky go app straight away, I opted for the cheapest sky with Netflix package, so how come I can watch, for example, Sky F1 HD on the sky go app on my computer if I didn't sign up to the HD package ? I just don't want any surprises when I get my first bill.

Once your box is installed and working, Sky Go will show you only what you are allowed to see.You won't be charged any extra for watching what you are not subscribing to now.

But I do have to ask, why the heck do you want SD when you all TVs sold are HD? Why bother if you won't have HD?

Thanks JSwolf, I was just coming on to say I got the installation today and the installer told me just what you said.

Another question, I can get Netflix working on my TV and Firestick but not on Sky, I have googled solutions and found nothing. One thing I have noticed is when I go into my Router settings, I have 4 hardwired connections, AMP, PC, Firestick and now Sky box. The AMP, PC and Firestick all show DHCP in the router page but Sky shows static, so is this probably the reason why Netflix keeps coming up with errors on the skyq box ? I don't have a static IP from my ISP.

Thanks JSwolf, I was just coming on to say I got the installation today and the installer told me just what you said.

Another question, I can get Netflix working on my TV and Firestick but not on Sky, I have googled solutions and found nothing. One thing I have noticed is when I go into my Router settings, I have 4 hardwired connections, AMP, PC, Firestick and now Sky box. The AMP, PC and Firestick all show DHCP in the router page but Sky shows static, so is this probably the reason why Netflix keeps coming up with errors on the skyq box ? I don't have a static IP from my ISP.

Given that you have Netflix on your TV, there's no need to use it on the Sky box. I don't use Netflix on the Sky box.

What is your ISP setup?

Apologies for the delay,

My router is a Asus N16 and I am with Origin Broadband. So to add, I cannot download any on demand or catch up shows on sky either. I have changed sky network to auto which has fixed the static / DHCP but I still cannot download anything. It says 3 things randomly, "I have no subscription", "download failed" or "remote network problem". I did manage to down load 1 show completely and maybe 4 or 5 shows all started to download then they stop at anything from 16 minutes to 31 minutes for a 60 minute show. So the capacity to download is there, it just doesn't happen.

My mum who is also with sky was using my old ADSL TP link archer on a 11 Mb connection, then origin sent her a Asus N16 saying BT was getting rid of ADLS cabling so my Mum went to VDSL but capped to 11Mb. So the TP link was working great on the skyq box but since switching my Mum to the N16, she is also not able to download anything. So it looks like the N16 and sky don't play nice together.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom