Sky Q defaulting to 1080i every time??!!

Whitley Lad

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Over the last week when I take box out of standby it has defaulted to 1080i. Prior to this it would be on 2160 10 bit to suit my panel.

I haven't changed any settings on the TV and have tried resetting the box, reconnecting cables, etc to no avail.

It's no major headache just annoying having to set up for 2160 every time I switch on to view.

Anyone got a solution?

Your television will likely do a better job at upscaling the native Sky 1080i resolution than the Sky decoder. I only force the Q box to 2060 when I want to watch UHD (and then try and remember to revert back to 1080i thereafter).

Your television will likely do a better job at upscaling the native Sky 1080i resolution than the Sky decoder. I only force the Q box to 2060 when I want to watch UHD (and then try and remember to revert back to 1080i thereafter).
I also do this. It seems to help my box boot up faster out of standby too. I have mine routed through a Pioneer amp and if it's been left in 2160P it takes a bit longer to output an image.

Over the last week when I take box out of standby it has defaulted to 1080i. Prior to this it would be on 2160 10 bit to suit my panel.

I haven't changed any settings on the TV and have tried resetting the box, reconnecting cables, etc to no avail.

It's no major headache just annoying having to set up for 2160 every time I switch on to view.

Anyone got a solution?

What version of Q box do you have? I think it's an issue I've seen mentioned on the Sky Community forums. Not sure anyone got a proper solution though, other than getting the box swapped.

I also do this. It seems to help my box boot up faster out of standby too. I have mine routed through a Pioneer amp and if it's been left in 2160P it takes a bit longer to output an image.

What version of Q box do you have? I think it's an issue I've seen mentioned on the Sky Community forums. Not sure anyone got a proper solution though, other than getting the box swapped.
V2 box, has worked flawlessly since I got it.

My v2 is being swapped on Friday. I noticed today a message pop up about defaulting to1080. I'm not bothered as it's going and I won't be accepting anything other than a v3.

I noticed today a message pop up about defaulting to1080.
What is your software version?
Home, Settings, System info, Software version.
Since that's now two reports here regarding this it would be interesting to see if it's related to a particular software version.

What is your software version?
Home, Settings, System info, Software version.
Since that's now two reports here regarding this it would be interesting to see if it's related to a particular software version.

Q120.002.13.00L (5587bqs)

I noticed it had gone back to 1080 a few days ago and put it back on 2160. Then I had a technical error for uhd one night. Last night it showed the switching to default message which it probably did previously but I may not have seen it.

Q120.002.13.00L (5587bqs)

I noticed it had gone back to 1080 a few days ago and put it back on 2160. Then I had a technical error for uhd one night. Last night it showed the switching to default message which it probably did previously but I may not have seen it.
Q130 is being rolled out to boxes at the moment - it's adding HDR to Netflix and might provide a fix for this too. Don't know for sure though. It's not on the download stream so you can't force an update yet but it's due to be pushed out to all boxes by mid-November.

I too am on Q120.002.13.00L (5587bqs)

Samsung 65” 95b and 700b soundbar

I’ve ordered some new hdmi hi speed cables from Amazon to try
There was someone on the Sky Community forums who had success by using a high speed HDMI 2.1 cable with a Samsung TV.
Sky Q just doesn't seem to like Samsung TVs - they always seem to have some sort of issue.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom