Sky Q Touch Remote Sensitivity

johndon

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Since the latest software update with the UI changes, has any one else has issues with the touch pad on their Sky Q touch remote becoming what I can only describe as hyper sensitive? For example, when scrolling down, the slightest (and I mean slightest) deviation from the vertical has the UI going back as though I've swiped left. Likewise, when trying to select anything, unless you press dead centre on the pad, the cursor heads off in one direction or another.

I've been using the remote since I got Sky Q a few years ago and it has never been like this until this latest update...

John

Yes. I have since had box and remote replaced so it’s no longer an issue.

Mine is doing exactly the same.
I was starting to think it had suddenly started to fail, but it does coincide with the last update, so I think you may be onto something.

I wonder if it only effects certain versions of the Q box (mine is a V1 one), thus why we aren't seeing more reports.

I wonder if it only effects certain versions of the Q box (mine is a V1 one), thus why we aren't seeing more reports.

Mine is a v1 box as well, pleased I'm not the only one seeing the problem.

John

You can change it so it works on the click function and not the swipe...change in the remote settings.

You can change it so it works on the click function and not the swipe...change in the remote settings.
Doesn't that only work on the 2nd generation of the touch remote that has the arrows on it, not the original one?

Doesn't that only work on the 2nd generation of the touch remote that has the arrows on it, not the original one?
Ah yes,sorry about that....have you tried to unpair and then pair the remote again to see if that solves the issue?

Ah yes,sorry about that....have you tried to unpair and then pair the remote again to see if that solves the issue?

I've tried that but no difference for me.

I've tried that but no difference for me.
Phone sky and get them to send you the new touch remote out...they still have some left.

+1 On remote problems. It can be a bit of fun though as I never know what I'm going to watch with this new remote lottery functionality update🤪

phoned sky due to this and other issues, it seems that they don't have touch remotes anymore only button ones.

Are the current button remotes Bluetooth?

I have been using the touch remote as, in my setup, the sky box is in a different room and I have an IR sensor below the TV. For normal viewing, this works perfectly but, if I bring the projector screen down, the IR sensor is covered and, to use the button remote I have, you have to get very close to the screen for the IR to penetrate the screen. The touch remote, being Bluetooth was ideal for when the screen was down...

John

V1 box here and no issues with touch remote, although I did have it replaced not too long ago as the original one failed.

Shame sky have decided to stop doing these - love the swipey bit at the top for fast forwarding

Are the current button remotes Bluetooth?

I have been using the touch remote as, in my setup, the sky box is in a different room and I have an IR sensor below the TV. For normal viewing, this works perfectly but, if I bring the projector screen down, the IR sensor is covered and, to use the button remote I have, you have to get very close to the screen for the IR to penetrate the screen. The touch remote, being Bluetooth was ideal for when the screen was down...

John
New one is Bluetooth.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom