Small Movie Room...Big Telly!

AntHart

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hey :)
After some really good feedback from posts, advice from other members and generally searching the forum I’ve decided to go for a larger screen TV over a projector for my small bedroom movie room.

viewing distance to screen is around 7-7.5ft...I’ve tried projectors, 70/80/90 inch screens...with the viewing distance I have , anything over 70 inch ish I find myself being more distracted following the action with my eyes shifting to it left and right rather than being more immersed in it with a smaller screen that close up..if that makes sense!ha!

Being a ‘TV/movie room’ I’ve painted it to suit...dark grey walls, mid grey ceiling and carpet

I have full control of ambient light and will be 90% of the time watching at night

I’ll only be using for UHD Blu-rays/ normal Blu-rays and UHD Netflix/Prime

. . .

Basically...
I’m Looking for 65/70inch TV recommendations for a dark environment for watching UHD 4K content ...
Ideally around £1000 or less...I’d go for a 65 LG OLED B/C9 to match my 55 version in the lounge but it’s double what I can afford ATM
. . .

any advice what to put on the demo/shortlist?

thanks in advance
Ant

For your usage you need to be looking at the Sony XF9005 or Samsung Q70.

There's only two options really that come close to the 1000 mark at 65 for decent HDR and those are the TVs mentioned already.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom