Smart socket recommendations?

alexwhitfield

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hello,

Currently, I have around a dozen TP Link smart plugs dotted around the house, although they do the job, they are bulky, and ugly as sin.

I'm moving house in 3-4 months, and I will be looking at changing all double / single sockets to smart sockets, plus all light switches.

Could anybody recommend a company / ecosystem for this? Voice controls are currently set up on Google Home, so would have to be Google compatible.

From brief research, i'm very surprised at how few options there are for this? Perhaps i'm searching for the wrong things...

I'm leaning towards lightwave, however their reviews seem all over the place.

Smart Power, Smart Power Control System | Lightwave
MiHome | Energy Saving Products | Energenie

Keen to hear of any other suggestions / experiences with lightwave.

Alex

Im very happy with my gen2 lightwave swathes and plugs. Use them with Apple HomeKit and they never miss a beat

I agree with m11rphy I love my lightwave gen 2, I have only 1 double socket but have 4 light switches and they work very well, the hub is a bit cheap looking but the sockets/switches are very classy looking. I have the brushed aluminium silver but the white metal also looks good.

For plug sockets, I would use Lightwave. The Den stuff, too expensive and it’s a proprietary system. We already have WiFi, Lightwave, Zigbee and ZWave, we didn’t need another system.

Pity the BG sockets were not RF I already have 21+ WiFi devices connected to my router

I have 9 bulky Etekcity RF sockets in my cinema room that work very well but changing the double sockets would be a tidier option

I have been using the mihome plugs and switches for over 2 years. Early on they could be a bit slow to respond to Alexa but these days those situations are rare. I aim to add more of these in due course

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom