Smart TV cannot download browser update

paulus8kj

Novice Member
I have a 2013 model LED TV LG 55LA7400.

When this smart TV can goes to Internet mode, it loads its Google browser by default.

I can then search and watch any free (not paid ) internet content, including You Tube.

Some months ago I was warned to update the browser so as to avoid losing full functionality.

Please note that I am not referring to the TV’s own Software Update which has been checked and is the latest.

Now, when I try to download the browser update so as to install it , I get the message: “Downloads not supported” .

At the moment I can still watch internet content but not YouTube content which shows greyed out pages.

I think this is due to the outdated google browser, but how can this be updated?

I would be grateful for any advice on the subject,

Thank you.

next010

Distinguished Member
The browser cannot be updated by that method.

The browser is only updated via firmware updates to the TV and its operating system which of course being a 2013 TV is no longer supported.

Think of the TV like a kiosk device, it is not like a PC OS were you can free update/remove software at all.

If you get your hands on a Chromecast device for the TV you can easily push Youtube videos to it that way and if you also get Airparrot for a PC/laptop it can mirror the desktop via the chromecast so you get the full PC browser on the TV.

paulus8kj

Novice Member
Much obliged to you my good Sir for the detailed explanation .. I did find a workaround for what it's worth .. my 3 yo is crazy for Peppa Pig clips and that's why we were watching You Tube .. however by simply using Bing > Videos she can again watch them. Kind Regards ..

The latest video from AVForums

The Best Movies and TV Shows Coming to Netflix in November 2020: Tom's Thumbs.
Top Bottom