Smart TV Screen Saver

Jetstream2

Novice Member
Reaction score
I have just purchased a new Panasonic TC-75GX880 LED TV and everything is working fine except.....
I cannot enable a screen saver mode on Smart TV when I am specifically using the tunein app.
I like to listen to various radio stations during the day when not using the TV for anything else.
I have tried locating an option for this function on the main TV menu and cannot locate one.
I also cannot locate anything on Smart TV to control this function.
I would be ok with using just a Black screen if a screen saver option is not available.
I am concerned about screen burn in when using this app.
Does anyone have any ideas out there?
This is my first post on this forum.
Thanks!

My GZ OLED has a screen-saver that kicks in automatically when pausing the TV's on-board apps or staying on menus for too long. There are no options for it in the menus, so it's all automatic.

it's possible that yours may not have a screensaver because LCDs have a much lower (almost non-existent) risk of 'screen burn' than OLEDs but if it does then I'd guess it would be mentioned in the manual, which you can download from the Panasonic website.

I wouldn't be too concerned if I was you but if you're worried and your model doesn't have a screen-saver, turning the screen off would be an alternative option as you say, plus it'll save energy too.

Hi Mike,

Thank you very much for your response.

I down loaded the full Panasonic Operating Instructions and there was no mention of a screen saver in all of the 181 pages.

My previous Panasonic 55” OLED had this feature enabled automatically much the same as your GZ.
That was why I was missing this feature on this 75” LED.

You are quite correct, that this function does not exist for this particular model of LED TV. Image retention concerns were addressed by blanking out the screen. I figured out how to easily do this for total peace of mind, and of course the energy consumption savings as you mentioned.

Cheers,

Steve

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom