smartwatch timestamp button?

jimand2207

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hello,

I'm looking for a watch with an easy to use button for a timestamp. Then I want the timestamp recorded or uploaded with an android phone. The timestamp would document a point in time and each time the button is pressed another timestamp is created.

This device would be like a sports tally counter. I've seen similar devices that people use to mark a point in time in a lecture where they want to return to later.

I know that back in 2015 there was a Swiss company called What Watch. Their watch satisfied the requirement nicely but the product is no longer available.

I see a lot of new smart watches so I need to submit this inquiry to the experts. Please tell me if you're familiar with a watch that has a timestamp button.

Jim

The point of a smartwatch is that you can write software for it. So if you want something from an App that doesn't exist already you can make it ;) Hitting a button and recording the time you did it is like 'Hello World' material; i.e. first application.

Personally I see no market for this at all as to me it is rather meaningless. I mean would I remember in one year from now why I hit that button and recorded 27 timestamps on 15th June?

Bl4ckGryph0n, thanks for your kind reply, I've been hoping that someone would give my inquiry consideration. I have a complication effecting my memory and I take medication several times a day. Not surprisingly I rely on my phone's technology to schedule and track things like anyone else. The What?Watch type of timestamp will be used to confirm that earlier in the week I have taken my medicine. Often times I'm on the go and I don't have pencil and paper nearby. Something even easier than my phone would be a watch. Besides there's not really a phone app for timestamps that works without opening that app and clicking on things. It would help to have a dedicated timestamp button to press. If you know about the What?Watch or know of a programmable watch that you recommend that would be helpful. Thanks again for your time. jimand2207

Aha @jimand2207 that is useful extra information that it is for medicinal purposes. In that case, there are a few ready-made applications for an iPhone and Apple Watch to work together.

All three are free applications and work the iPhone and Apple Watch together. Best to read up for yourself how that works.

There could be similar for the Android ecosystem but I'm not familiar enough with that, and when I tried it out the phone and watches just do not have sufficient applications that work well together. But that isn't to say that there may be something out there.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom