Sniper Elite 4 (PS4)

Absolutely amazed how quiet this thread is, especially now the reviews are hitting and they're very positive.

I pulled the trigger on this yesterday, Never played the first 2 but really liked number 3, it was kind of my guilty pleasure and something to take your time over. Saw a stream of an early level being played and the fact the maps are gargantuan with multiple objectives is exactly what the doctor ordered to give me a break from the monster and almost controller destroying game that is Nioh

My copy should be delivered today. Really enjoyed the last couple so looking forward to this.

I loved the last 2 and got this coming as a rental from Boomerang today!
Will possibly try for the platinum as always fun in this series

Was gonna get this from GAME, but they are money grabbing *****! Advertised right up to release @ £39.99 on the website. Went to buy today, now priced @ £49.99!

Kick in the teeth is that they wont allow you to use the GAME wallet that I have credit on from vouchers (xmas) on pre orders?

I really like the look of this, but with other things coming out I'm going to wait until it's around £20-£25.

Was gonna get this from GAME, but they are money grabbing *****! Advertised right up to release @ £39.99 on the website. Went to buy today, now priced @ £49.99!

Kick in the teeth is that they wont allow you to use the GAME wallet that I have credit on from vouchers (xmas) on pre orders?

Yup not being able use credit on pre orders is ridiculous.

I'm wanting Horizon from them in a few weeks but need to go instore as can't use my credit until bloody release day online

It's not as if they haven't had the money from the sale already with the gift vouchers. Spoke to customer services and they dont give a ****. They were like its now £50 either buy it or don't! But STILL shows as £39.99 on their homepage.

Game website and in store are two different entities, the price available online will not be honored in store at all. Even click and collect from the website doesnt use stock from the stores, they send it into the store you pick.

Over 3 hours to complete the first mission and thats still with only 81% completion rate, not for a long time have I strived to complete everything in a singular level of a game as I have this, in the end the hunt for collectibles and in particular 1 more eagle statue were driving me bonkers. Oh well at least I have a good excuse to replay the level, I know its only 1 level but if they're all like this then the design is fantastic.
16797324_599159086948514_8267017458700835622_o.jpg

Not picked this up yet as my tv is awaiting a repairman. However how is it playing and is it enhanced for the pro.

Not picked this up yet as my tv is awaiting a repairman. However how is it playing and is it enhanced for the pro.

According to a post on another forum the pro has improved fps 60 vs 30 on the standard PS4 also has:
- more detail
- better light/shadows
- faster loading
- better draw-distance

Plays great on my pro - done the first mission in co-op, no hassles getting connected etc - took us around 1.5 hours on hard.
Seems like a great game so far.

I feel a little dirty but Ive just picked this up from game for their ridiculous price, it annoys me that Sainsburys had it 10 quid cheaper but I had so much game credit it seemed silly to pay actual money for it as with my credit it basically cost me nothing...........apart from a little piece of my soul.

Got it from Amazon with the fuhrer dlc and some weapon skins. Couple of quid off for prime members.

Am loving this game - improves on SE3 which was already good - great, huge maps and settings / Ai is pretty good / authentic mode is a proper challenge - really very good indeed am working my way through the levels on normal collecting everything then doing them again once I know the objectives etc on authentic mode - so far up to mission 6.

Co-op I have tried a bit of and it works really well, also done the mp to get the trophies (all 2 of them) and actually enjoyed it may go back and play some more.

Took me over 3 hours to go through the first mission fully. I did have to cheat a little bit as I couldnt find some of the last letters, I didnt realise that some enemies carry letters which you have to loot off them (little tip, if you tag enemies wait till the little circle fills up and it will tell you what they are carrying including if they have a collectable.) So I had to go back round and find all the enemies I had killed to loot them which took a while to find them all as they dont show up on map once youve killed them.

Still didnt get 100% on it though as there were four "challenges" that werent mentioned anywhere while playing and I couldnt see anywhere how to find out what they were in any of the menus.

Tried it in 3D to start with and it was really good but I had to turn it off after a while as it gave me a massive headache, maybe play it in shorter stints as 3 hours was a bit much.

Forgot about this. I've always liked these games. Definitely one to get for me once Im done with other games.

Damn I really dislike this game :(

Loved all of the older ones and got a platinum in last game but not liking this one at all for some reason.
Got to 4th mission and I've just uninstalled and sending back to Boomerang tomorrow.

Damn I really dislike this game :(

Loved all of the older ones and got a platinum in last game but not liking this one at all for some reason.
Got to 4th mission and I've just uninstalled and sending back to Boomerang tomorrow.

Care to elaborate a bit more? You think you maybe just burnt out with it all?

Care to elaborate a bit more? You think you maybe just burnt out with it all?

That literally could be it tbh

I'm not bored of gaming (I'm currently around 60 hours into Witcher 3 and had it 3 weeks)
Can't quite put my finger on it but the AI is really poor in this game and everytime I played it I got bored and shot everyone because I can't be bothered with them.

Other than that I can't pinpoint a reason why this is the first one in the series I don't like :D

I'm a new comer to the sniper elite series proper although did have zombie army trilogy. I'm loving this. I love the little things like adjusting the scope depending on distance of shot and the long range kills are soooo satisfying, especially officers. This is one of those games I need to play slowly to savour it. I just don't want it to end!

Over 3 hours to complete the first mission and thats still with only 81% completion rate, not for a long time have I strived to complete everything in a singular level of a game as I have this, in the end the hunt for collectibles and in particular 1 more eagle statue were driving me bonkers. Oh well at least I have a good excuse to replay the level, I know its only 1 level but if they're all like this then the design is fantastic.

I've had a bit of a problem with the Last Letters. On the 3rd mission, there's an opportunity at the beginning to do some really long range kills of enemies on the other side of the map. Fine, but when I finally make my way around to the location, I can't find the bodies to loot the letters from, also the same for a sniper report. Some bodies are there, but not as many as there should be. I'm gonna have to play that mission again and be more careful with who I shoot.

Also, at the time, I didn't realise that the binos told you they were carrying letters.

Other than that annoyance, I'm enjoying it quite a bit.

I've had a bit of a problem with the Last Letters. On the 3rd mission, there's an opportunity at the beginning to do some really long range kills of enemies on the other side of the map. Fine, but when I finally make my way around to the location, I can't find the bodies to loot the letters from, also the same for a sniper report. Some bodies are there, but not as many as there should be. I'm gonna have to play that mission again and be more careful with who I shoot.

Also, at the time, I didn't realise that the binos told you they were carrying letters.

Other than that annoyance, I'm enjoying it quite a bit.

Exactly the same happened to me on the third mission. I sniped the sniper off the bridge from miles away and by the time I actually got to the bridge the body had disappeared, annoying but as ill be going through at least ones more not to much of a problem.

Same for me as well sniped the sniper on the bridge and no body to get the letter from - I just picked it up when I redid on authentic difficulty / made sure to kill him from closer so I could keep an eye on the body.

Got this yesterday, "I'll have a quick go"....3 hours later.

Nice to have a game where I don't have to rush about, and can take my time playing this, drinking beer and sinking M&M's.

Thumbs up from me :)

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom