Snowpiercer Blu-ray Review & Comments

I've gained lots of insight and some great recommendations from Mr. Harlow on here and I'm usually in agreement with his reviews of films that I've already seen etc
But this one I just don't get. I paid for it last night on prime after reading this review, thinking I'd missed a real gem - it never really appealed to me - just a feeling.
So I went for it.
Mr. Harlow, you owe me £3.50 :D:D
Yep. I usually agree with Cas too but not on this one! At least it didnt cost me anything!

I got this last year via amazon.de in steelbook. I don’t recall an issue with subtitles, but I also found it just not as good as people had led me to believe. Possible reason is, it maybe veered more to the horror genre than sci-fi, and I’ve never really liked that combination.

Agree with the review, definitely a nod to the current climate.

I rented this last night on Prime and thought it was very good. Will give the tv show a go too at some point.

So it was a 9/10 for me up till the end, found the ending disappointing

Requires wilful suspension of disbelief to a level which I think is beyond most of the audience.
If you get past that its tonally uneven and contrived with regard to the incessantly sadistic situations that the characters find themselves to the point that it reminds me of some soap opera causality chain like Casualty or Eastenders.

Copy and paste the above for every single Bong Joon Ho movie I've seen ( all of them I think). He's massively over rated ; I saw memories of murder 15 years ago and my opinion of that is the same of all his films. Okja I didn't last 30 minutes with. He's a dull hack whose films are a confused muddle of unsubtle ideas very few of which make it into the audience's brains effectively despite his sledgehammer approach.

Last edited:
Didn’t think the film was anything special but the most disappointing part was the picture quality, loads of noise in the background in almost all of the darker scenes.

I'll just leave this here for those that haven't heard of Necrocapitalism or Necrofuturism.

Last edited:
Watched this last night, and after hearing so many good things about it, was expecting an intelligent Sci-fi epic. What I got was the Sci-fi equivalent of 'Showgirls'.

Really enjoyed snowpiecer , so really looking forwards now to showgirls.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom