Solo: A Star Wars Story Trailer Finally Arrives - news discussion

They brought us TLJ and this was going to be too comedic? Blimey, they must have made the lego star wars version of Solo?

Plenty for the eyes to feast on, i would say, although i personally prefer the empire (and first order) and it's people to be serious. Maybe i'm too sensitive after the experience of Hux in TLJ, but i fear that we'll have the Eddy Izard sketch in the Death Star canteen soon...

I will see it. I hope its great and successful. Positive thinking !!

MB

Last edited:
I thought it looked ok, maybe this film will bring back the balance to the force after TLJ.

TLJ made me appreciate Rogue One a little bit more than I did originally.

I thought it looked pretty good. However, the final shot with Alden Ehrenreich as Han reminded me of this....what's going on with his syrup?

ef690129f76d76ab11f7cbedbeeb2d14de47b556a8f7f9595bb672b8928b28be.jpg

After the brilliant Last Jedi I’m looking forward to this, as long as it’s s good story and just fan service which Rogue One was slightly guilty of (Vader Scenes)

Meh. I'm having a hard time giving a toss about this. Rogue One was great but this....I mean, he's just not Han solo, is he? If they can pull it off then fair play to them but the whole idea just seems off to me.

The Trailer did not have any "gimmicky poor humour lines" or "political correctness in your face stuff".

So it is quite good and i am hopeful, but with low expectations.

I have a feeling the coach has his work cut out for him, as in this scene...

:D

All joking aside, I don't think acting has ever been a factor in a StarWars movie... As long as Ron Howard hits the right fan service buttons and get's the tone right, the StarWarsFans will fall in line... He's a pro and Disney knows how to market this...

It will not do well in China, as they do not like space movies... It reminds them of Sci-Fi which is one of the least popular genres there...

Meh. I'm having a hard time giving a toss about this. Rogue One was great but this....I mean, he's just not Han solo, is he? If they can pull it off then fair play to them but the whole idea just seems off to me.
have to agree, also it looks more like a video game to me, but will check it on the projector when I get home. Perhaps he fact that now we get a SW film every other day also has something to do with this (failing to properly excite some). I haven't even seen TLJ yet... and I am hardcore lifelong SW fan. ..but watched The Empire S B last night for the 8th million time:)

I also haven't seen TLJ yet - just haven't found the time to go.

I thought Rogue One was a tad better than Force Awakens, so if they continue the 'grittier' vein with Solo then great.

I have a feeling the coach has his work cut out for him, as in this scene...

:D

All joking aside, I don't think acting has ever been a factor in a StarWars movie... As long as Ron Howard hits the right fan service buttons and get's the tone right, the StarWarsFans will fall in line... He's a pro and Disney knows how to market this...

It will not do well in China, as they do not like space movies... It reminds them of Sci-Fi which is one of the least popular genres there...

Best scene of the movie by far :)

@Steve Withers thanks for the context... This is why you and avforums are awesome - other places would have just made a story about the trailer being out, but you guys always go the extra mile to keep us better informed :)

Even Disney thought this was going to be too comedic, then post The Last Jedi I can only imagine it had Han walking into glass doors and Chewie throwing custard pies.

I think this may be the first Star Wars movie I skip at the cinema. TLJ has lowered expectations to near prequel levels.

Last edited:
Full trailer has dropped and the main post has been updated ;)

Last edited:
UGH - his voice has put me off already, 23 seconds in :rolleyes:

Edit: Rest of it looked fun though.

Well have to admit it looks alright , i will go see it opening day for sure...

This looks awful. Soulless and a giant vacuum of charisma from any of the actors (bar Woody H of course). I struggled to see the point of this, and this trailer has only reaffirmed my stance for me. First Star Wars that I'll miss at the cinema. Just awful.

Looks like a whole load of fun to me.
Plus it's got Emilia Clarke. :D

Humph. After TLJ, TFA, and Rogue One, I'm completely over Star Wars. I can't find any motivation to pay to see another disappointing Star Wars movie in preference to any other mediocre movie. I'll catch Solo on a streaming service some time.

It's not a good sign when the most positive thing you can say about a movie is that expectations are low.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom