Some people really just don't get it...

If you concerned, why go in the first place?
I would have thought some regulations would have been followed. I want to support the local businesses but not get COVID in the process. Just seemed funny the staff walking around with no masks but looks like it’s up to them.

I would have thought some regulations would have been followed. I want to support the local businesses but not get COVID in the process. Just seemed funny the staff walking around with no masks but looks like it’s up to them.

There does seem to be some confusion about staff wearing PPE, wherever its a shop, a bar or restaurant etc. I've not been in the later two, but no staff seem to be wearing them in the food shops I've been into. I think they should, if only as some form of protection for their staff, to bolster the social distancing measures.

There does seem to be some confusion about staff wearing PPE, wherever its a shop, a bar or restaurant etc. I've not been in the later two, but no staff seem to be wearing them in the food shops I've been into. I think they should, if only as some form of protection for their staff, to bolster the social distancing measures.
Bear in mind that the masks or face coverings that people are likely to have access to, do not prevent the wearer catching the virus. They are helpful in preventing the wearer from passing on the infection, if the wearer is themselves carrying the virus. As you can catch the virus through membranes in the eyes, only a visor would be beneficial (along with a N95 mask).

Bear in mind that the masks or face coverings that people are likely to have access to, do not prevent the wearer catching the virus. They are helpful in preventing the wearer from passing on the infection, if the wearer is themselves carrying the virus. As you can catch the virus through membranes in the eyes, only a visor would be beneficial (along with a N95 mask).

This is why it needs everybody to comply. If everybody does, the virus will start to die out as it runs out of people to infect. Same with social distancing at home, although we know how quickly people got bored with that!

This is why it needs everybody to comply. If everybody does, the virus will start to die out as it runs out of people to infect. Same with social distancing at home, although we know how quickly people got bored with that!

Unfortunately we don't live in a perfect world though. If we did, there would be no deaths caused by dangerous driving, no children being neglected/abused by unfit parents, no domestic abuse, no anti social behaviour etc etc.

Haven't anything to link but I think that advice has changed recently.

Edit; WHO has revised their advice on face masks.

Last edited:
They’re probably do the same here, given the chance. whilst it’s good for these companies to open their bars, good for the staff to get back to work, licensing hours should be restricted, in the UK to something like they were way back when; 1030am to 230pm, 630pm to 1030pm.

As far as I, aware it’s still an offence to be drunk on license premises, and also an offence to serve someone who is drunk. Any licencee caught serving a drunk person, should have a consideration to have their licence revoked.

Screw that! We don't want them back! Round them up and dump them in the sea.
Ideally yes, I tried to remain reasonable and not let them be a burden to other countries. Perhaps apply similar travel restrictions on them like what was done for football hooligans.

This was a problem long before CoVid 19.

Unfortunately, being drunk and disorderly is some people's idea of having a good time. :facepalm:

Weak on anti social behaviour. Weak on the causes of anti social behaviour.

Reap. Sow. etc etc.

Take their passports off them. Let them p**s it up in their own towns, rather than burden others.

They’re probably do the same here, given the chance.
They already did! In my home town of Bournemouth where 500k idiots came down during the heatwave, there was a lot of drunks and fights and leaving their faeces in burger boxes on the beach... and all bars were closed then. Also more trouble further down coast at Durdle Door.

Also more trouble further down coast at Durdle Door.
One youngster would have died except a paddleboarder was nearby and saw he didn't surface.
Found on the bottom and brought up before he died.
Then a week (or two I can't be sure) another one died because he jumped from too high up and hit the water wrong.

They already did! In my home town of Bournemouth where 500k idiots came down during the heatwave, there was a lot of drunks and fights and leaving their faeces in burger boxes on the beach... and all bars were closed then. Also more trouble further down coast at Durdle Door.

Yep I read about that.

Trouble is, it wasn't just drunken yobs, all sorts were on that beach. Love Bournemouth, my son used to live there.

My other son went to Portsmouth, and had to book a 'beach space'. Perhaps your town council needs to rethink things, to avoid those scenes again? See the weathers set to improve in the next week.

Problem with Portsmouth and Bournemouth is Portsmouth beach if you can call it that is tiny, easy to patrol.

Bournemouth is 7 miles long!

I knew it was long but that...

On BBC News website: England fast bowler Jofra Archer was excluded from the second Test against West Indies after breaching the bio-secure protocols.

(He took a detour via his Brighton home when the team transferred from Southampton to Manchester.)

Yet another sports person with more talent than common sense... :rolleyes:

This was a problem long before CoVid 19.

Unfortunately, being drunk and disorderly is some people's idea of having a good time. :facepalm:
Wouldn’t be the first time that Shagaluf has been full of superspreaders!

:eek::laugh:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom