Some pictures of your recent purchases

If the screen isn't yellow, it's easy to sell with CFW on eBay and get silly money considering. I'd keep it for PSX classics; Vita can look a bit fuzzy due to higher resolution screen.
Hhhmmm, what's your definition of silly money. I still have my psp with cfw and I'd be happy to flog it but looking on ebay we're talking about £50 or so.

Another gadget. Hopefully will prove useful.

FB742D38-2B2A-4ECA-9662-64E48E121F09.jpeg

10 degrees is a t-shirt and shorts for running! 9 degrees is a long sleeve top.

But then I'm probably carrying more "insulation" than you. :laugh:

I have very little in the way of built-in insulation anymore if honest...+ and - of being fitter I guess...13-14% bodyfat has put pay to that

Would not be able to wear that while running.
Struggled earlier in the year trying to run in a hoodie over my vest after spending 2 years running in just shorts and vest regardless of the temp.
oh this isnt for running..this is for popping out and about in the autumn I was only wearing a long sleeve compression top back in February

Griddle for the bbq so I can do smash burgers. £15 instead of the £80 that Weber wanted.

View attachment 1312438

I see a lot of 'smashburger' pictures on reddit. They look kind of insane - do you have a recipe link?

I have a griddle pan for our Weber although it has small holes.

Bought this, didn't use it for two years. Was a god send a few weeks ago when I sheared the top a bolt off!
i used mine after shearing off my MTB stem bolt....unfortunately it didn't work for me but that bolt was soft as butter

think I've also had mine for 2-3 years...possibly longer

Hhhmmm, what's your definition of silly money. I still have my psp with cfw and I'd be happy to flog it but looking on ebay we're talking about £50 or so.
Oh I've seen them go for more depends what apps have on there and memory card size!

If the screen isn't yellow, it's easy to sell with CFW on eBay and get silly money considering. I'd keep it for PSX classics; Vita can look a bit fuzzy due to higher resolution screen.
Its in really good condition, but don't think I could sell it tbh. Had it from launch, like the PS1 PS2 PS3 2003 slim & the PS Go.

Its in really good condition, but don't think I could sell it tbh. Had it from launch, like the PS1 PS2 PS3 2003 slim & the PS Go.

If it's the 1000 series you have I have a couple of these coming from AliExpress (should be here in a week or two) which I no longer need as I've moved to a 2000. I was going to chuck them on eBay but happy to start a thread on the classifieds if you're interested.

— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —
Weber wanted how much? I have the same thing made by Vonshef, I use it for burgers also.
To be fair Weber's covered half my cooking space, swapping out one side of the grill for a massive piece of iron. But I don't have £80 to blow on a griddle and also don't want to lose that much cooking space for other stuff.

I see a lot of 'smashburger' pictures on reddit. They look kind of insane - do you have a recipe link?

I have a griddle pan for our Weber although it has small holes.
You don't need a recipe. Just 10% - 20% fat mince, and make it into balls before you cook. Don't overwork the meat. I'm only parroting what I've watched on youtube but making a ball smaller than a tennis ball seems about right, and throw it from hand to hand a bit. I made normal burgers like this the other day and they didn't fall apart, so it seems you only need egg when you're adding all the other stuff, like onion, breadcrumbs, herbs etc. Season the patty just before the smash, otherwise the salt will extract the moisture.
Compress it for 45 seconds to seal it, and only flip once.

Like I say, this is from memory. I've not even smashed one yet! I'll stick a post in the bbq thread when I do.

Bought this, didn't use it for two years. Was a god send a few weeks ago when I sheared the top a bolt off!

I kept seeing adverts for this on Facebook and then last week I had to dremel a slot into a sheared screw to get it out. This set was cheap, it’s in a tiny box, so it’s been thrown into the toolbox to prove it’s worth in a few years time.

I kept seeing adverts for this on Facebook and then last week I had to dremel a slot into a sheared screw to get it out. This set was cheap, it’s in a tiny box, so it’s been thrown into the toolbox to prove it’s worth in a few years time.

Exactly how I bought it Facebook ad- for the money just thought I’d buy it in case I needed it - which I did. It works! Very well too.

If it's the 1000 series you have I have a couple of these coming from AliExpress (should be here in a week or two) which I no longer need as I've moved to a 2000. I was going to chuck them on eBay but happy to start a thread on the classifieds if you're interested.

It is the PSP 2003. Not sure they fit tbh and I'll probably leave it for a while and concentrate on filling the PS Vita up first.

Cheers :)

20200605_223524 - Copy.jpg

— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —
Totally. Got one at work and we make endless brews on it. So easy!

Nice . I have one of these. 75 grams of coffee, fill up the water tank and turn it on. Could not be simpler. I have the one with the thermos flask, one brew lasts me all day.

Care to share your diet plan? Perhaps not in this thread though. Please don't tell me you gave up alcohol..

TLDR - yes part of it is giving up alcohol...

Happy to give the basics below...in a spoiler so no one has to read it...but be warned it is boring if you have no interest in fitness...you have been warned

About two years ago (at around 13 and a bit stone) I started off riding a lot every weekend (35-40 miles off road) and with that the weight started to slowly drop off.

I then started to choose riding over going out the night before and that in turn reduced my alcohol content of a weekend but I was never really a home drinker anyway - but yes I still liked a night out.

A while later, in November 2018 (after big boys weekend away), I had my last drink...and haven’t had a drop since. I’ve not missed it so it was easy for me to do. I was mainly a social drinker anyway

Cycling continued and later in the summer I joined a gym on a months trial which was basically 45 min HIIT sessions. I was riding 25 mins each way as well so weight started dropping off fast.

when the gym trial ended I carried on with the hit stuff at home seven nights a week, 350-400 active calories each night and on top of this I was still riding in week out Weight loss become toning

then this February I started running 5k 5 times a week plus multiple HIIT and Core sessions plus my usual weekend off road riding.

Through all this I’ll admit I’ve got a terrible diet. I love junk food, biscuits, crisps, sweets, chips. And I don’t have small portions either. That said I’m happy doing that as long as I’m smashing calorie burn each/most days. i even worked out on Christmas day....yes I know...sad

weight has been around 10.8-10.11 for last 8-10 months with 13-15% body fat

last NHS health check at 45 showed almost non existent cholesterol and improvements on all fronts

even tonight I’ve been out playing tennis 1.5 hours after my usual 5K this morning

I quite enjoy being this active now and certainly feel better for it and even have the start of a six pack which I never thought I’d have.

DE82B595-53ED-4852-9B66-30E1BC9A322D.jpeg

Not sure i can see a need to ever drink again now although the 8-10 litres of Grey Goose sitting on a shelf somewhere isn't going to drink itself I guess....who knows maybe one day. Things might have been different if I liked a drink at home but that was never me. I'm sure with alcohol it would've been a very different story

Everything I have done has got me to where I am....and no one single thing could have gotten me here. I do often wonder what it would be like if I gave up the crappy food and had a properly controlled diet...but that is one step I don't want to take.

(sorry for the long boring post. Didn’t want to started a new thread anywhere...and it’s better than bike puns) - and not sure why the image didn't work in the spoiler

To be fair Weber's covered half my cooking space, swapping out one side of the grill for a massive piece of iron. But I don't have £80 to blow on a griddle and also don't want to lose that much cooking space for other stuff.

You don't need a recipe. Just 10% - 20% fat mince, and make it into balls before you cook. Don't overwork the meat. I'm only parroting what I've watched on youtube but making a ball smaller than a tennis ball seems about right, and throw it from hand to hand a bit. I made normal burgers like this the other day and they didn't fall apart, so it seems you only need egg when you're adding all the other stuff, like onion, breadcrumbs, herbs etc. Season the patty just before the smash, otherwise the salt will extract the moisture.
Compress it for 45 seconds to seal it, and only flip once.

Like I say, this is from memory. I've not even smashed one yet! I'll stick a post in the bbq thread when I do.

I've been using crackers instead of breadcrumbs. 4 crackers to 8-10 large burgers.

As I've been mincing my own I have been using Flat Iron, Denver and Bavette steaks and select a few with good fat content, which is always a nice and soft fat.

Same with the throwing from wet hand to wet hand and also cupping slightly to form the shape as I do.

The compression is something I've not yet done, but like the sound and will give it a try soon.

I've been mincing Flat Iron, Denver and Bavette with good fazert content, which is always a nice and soft fat.
Throwing from wet hand to wet hand and also cupping slightly to form the shape
The compression is something I've not yet done, but like the sound and will give it a try soon.

@HaRd2BeAr

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom