Some pictures of your recent purchases

I bought the exact same one that Jouster did, which I know is no guarantee it'll work.
Might be me messing it up slightly.
I'll have a better look soon and might do a wipe and reinstall.
Honestly, they wear out randomly!

My white one was perfect. There's a black one too. They're notoriously unreliable (both colours that is - not just one or the other)

Last edited:
You really have gone the whole hog.
What do the running socks do?
Normal socks are garbage for running. Damp sweaty feet and they slip and slide.

I use the Decathlon Artengo/Kalenji socks as they don't slip and are good for wicking on both bike and runs. And cheap.

I bought the exact same one that Jouster did, which I know is no guarantee it'll work.
Might be me messing it up slightly.
I'll have a better look soon and might do a wipe and reinstall.
I’m going to start a fresh Vita thread in PS section of gaming.

we can discuss all the CFW and modding stuff there, just need to keep it all above board and not discuss anything piracy wise.

Normal socks are garbage for running. Damp sweaty feet and they slip and slide.

I use the Decathlon Artengo/Kalenji socks as they don't slip and are good for wicking on both bike and runs. And cheap.
Certainly don’t doubt you and I bow down to real runners.
That said I ran the first 20-30 runs wearing normal sports socks and they were absolutely fine.
Even now I’m running in very basic stuff that aren’t running specific and all is fine. No rubbing, blisters or over sweaty.

Amazingly you can do the same with a PS3 as well which I had no idea about. Filled mine with lot of Amiga and MAME emulators (which I’ve had for years and never had anything to do with them) last week but did spend almost a whole weekend watching videos about it much to the wife’s annoyance.

I had no idea either... Been some developments there then as you used to only be able to hack PS3 which were a really old firmware.. not going to go down that whole worm hole though, I'll leave the PS3 where it is covered in dust lol

I had no idea either... Been some developments there then as you used to only be able to hack PS3 which were a really old firmware.. not going to go down that whole worm hole though, I'll leave the PS3 where it is covered in dust lol
I remember back in the day there was a USB device you could plug in giving some CFW abilities but that was locked down pretty quick. Of course I bought one. But then it also gathered dust. In fact it’s still inside a USB port on my OG FAT PS3

Certainly don’t doubt you and I bow down to real runners.
That said I ran the first 20-30 runs wearing normal sports socks and they were absolutely fine.
Even now I’m running in very basic stuff that aren’t running specific and all is fine. No rubbing, blisters or over sweaty.
I probably sweat a lot more than you, given my lock-down shape :D I benefit more from riding tbh, as trails and trailcentres without SPDs means my feet shift about a reasonable amount. Trail running vs road running definitely benefits a grippy sock - more so if it's not full length (which admittedly, I don't wear if that's your comparison - short or fairly short trainer socks for me).

Those running socks......

Do you just run in them alone so you can 'feel the ground' ?
Or do you still wear shoes as well as the socks?

I understand some runners like bare feet even, or something so think you can feel the ground you are running on.

Those running socks......

Do you just run in them alone so you can 'feel the ground' ?
Or do you still wear shoes as well as the socks?

I understand some runners like bare feet even, or something so think you can feel the ground you are running on.
Surely no one runs in socks. They’d be trashed after a few miles surely.

I’m truly shocked by that

Whilst I've not been doing it this year so far.
In the hot hot weather at home I have been known to just stay barefoot all day.
The Gravel driveway (sharp granite stones) are a bit... Ohh, Ahhh, Ohhh, Ahhh, Eeeek. to start with, but after a few days/week+ your skin seems toughen up pretty quick and it's fine.
Pretty sure human feet are supposed to be on the tough side, not baby soft really.

Whilst I've not been doing it this year so far.
In the hot hot weather at home I have been known to just stay barefoot all day.
The Gravel driveway (sharp granite stones) are a bit... Ohh, Ahhh, Ohhh, Ahhh, Eeeek. to start with, but after a few days/week+ your skin seems toughen up pretty quick and it's fine.
Pretty sure human feet are supposed to be on the tough side, not baby soft really.
I’m also barefoot whilst it’s warmer but I have feet of a princess and can’t walk on anything close to uncomfortable

This chap won an Olympic marathon barefoot

This chap won an Olympic marathon barefoot

Many of us here should of course remember Zola Budd. Appreciate barefoot running has been a thing.

a replacement for my ageing fire tv4k, and the speed difference is staggering (unsurprisingly!)
951B5B12-54BA-4538-9150-3776D9D0F301.jpeg

To be honest for the short distances I run at the moment they potentially aren’t needed but since using proper running socks many years ago, I’ve not had a single blister over multiple long runs and half marathons. Just a shame I can’t run that far at the moment.

I recently started running (about a month ago) so invested in these, which I find really help :

1591087422157.png

1591087481774.png

..:)..

New TV for my Bar.

Attachments

• 631366B2-2C99-4811-B11A-22AA147FC2E3.jpeg
    631366B2-2C99-4811-B11A-22AA147FC2E3.jpeg
    289.5 KB · Views: 214
  • F2E56505-0D6E-4720-8CEE-52B3A1945BCD.jpeg
    F2E56505-0D6E-4720-8CEE-52B3A1945BCD.jpeg
    308 KB · Views: 227
385AE036-1263-429B-AEB7-F9CACE2D818D.jpeg

Had to get another pressure washer as the Bosch one I picked up last week was crap, couldn't find any attachments for it so went for a Karcher.

20200602_135405.jpg

New hard drive direct from WD. Super deal of £161 delivered for a 12TB drive which comes in at under £13.50 per TB, so cheap, like a budgie.

murs going to be shucked but now I have to decide if I’m going to use it in my main media server on in the new Synology NAS is like to purchase.
Decisions decisions

1207A886-F5A9-419A-82B6-89859D81A549.jpeg

The headphones are just a thing of magic. Where does all that noise go when popping them in ? :eek:

the Mac mini is my last thing towards going all out apple. Gone from being life long windows user to Mac OS and I am lost. It’s a lovely little machine but I have no idea what doing. Is there any idiots starter guide anywhere ?

This was me in a nutshell. I limped along for 2 long years, having to Google the most basic of things on my iMac, like 'Mac OS equivalent of Ctrl+Alt+Del'.

It became so frustrating that I ended up selling it and just using my work Windows laptop instead. I love the iOS on my phone, so perhaps an iPad with a keyboard is the way for me to go, who knows?

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom