Some pictures of your recent purchases

Brake bleed kit. Fun times!

IMG_20200602_134350.jpg

Had a call from my daughter who was at work saying she was picking up a BBQ for the 'family'

What a dissapointment it was when she arrived home with this
20200602_150126.jpg

Update: she's just come out of her room and asked me why the BBQ isn't set up and being used, I asked her what she expected me to use to cook the food and she said I can use the gas from the old BBQ :facepalm:

Last edited:
This was me in a nutshell. I limped along for 2 long years, having to Google the most basic of things on my iMac, like 'Mac OS equivalent of Ctrl+Alt+Del'.

It became so frustrating that I ended up selling it and just using my work Windows laptop instead. I love the iOS on my phone, so perhaps an iPad with a keyboard is the way for me to go, who knows?
I've been a long time user of both OS's now and in truth whilst I could probably get along without MacOS and survive with just Windows 10, I do like the simplicity of MacOS at times.

Totally understand many finding themselves a bit lost though as MacOS whist, similar, has lots of different stuff that either isnt where you'd expect to find it or just not there at all...That said, like with others, a quick google normally gets me all the info Im after.

That said for managing my in-home Windows Network, Windows will always be better and I do have Parallels on my iMac 5K but will always use a windows machine out of choice

is tha

is that an Avid/SRAM DOT kit? Looks faimilir to what I used before when I did mine a while ago
Yep that's the one. £15 on eBay for the same kit almost twice the price in a lot of places with less gear. Mad really that a full set of Clarks Clout 1 are like £50 and probably decent spec compared to my Elixir 3.

It's not a hard job, but my bike is 8 years old and at it's last mega service the mech said the brakes were still perfect and didn't need a bleed yet.

My pads wore out this weekend and I mistakenly mixed a rubbing rotor (hence brake disassembly) with the Mavic death squeal on my wheels, but a bit of lubrication has sorted that out for now.

New hub likely required in the near future. I'll steer clear of Mavic and probably get something else and convert to a 1x chain ring at the same time, as the triple is largely pointless for me. Declutter the handlebars too and install a dropper eventually!

Found just what I wanted here.
An outdoor clock, for sale by someone 10 miles away on FaceBook Marketplace.

0d37e9a1b7eb4359fe615ab1f846f465.jpg

Fitted in place at the bottom of the garden just as I wanted it (now I know the Time/Temp/Humidity without going back to the house and looking thru the kitchen window :)

8718de5b53bbce204a8c577841b2e216.jpg

Whilst it's supposed to be ok outdoors, I'll probably only leave it there during the warm months and bring it in when it gets cold/dark/wet......

At least the $%^&$"!** Mosquitoes will know what time it is down there!

Yep that's the one. £15 on eBay for the same kit almost twice the price in a lot of places with less gear. Mad really that a full set of Clarks Clout 1 are like £50 and probably decent spec compared to my Elixir 3.

It's not a hard job, but my bike is 8 years old and at it's last mega service the mech said the brakes were still perfect and didn't need a bleed yet.

My pads wore out this weekend and I mistakenly mixed a rubbing rotor (hence brake disassembly) with the Mavic death squeal on my wheels, but a bit of lubrication has sorted that out for now.

New hub likely required in the near future. I'll steer clear of Mavic and probably get something else and convert to a 1x chain ring at the same time, as the triple is largely pointless for me. Declutter the handlebars too and install a dropper eventually!
Id like a dropper but for where I ride and what I do Im probably not really in need of one

I also only bled my breaks after about 8 years when the rear brakes just went to nothing....like you i looked online ( mine was from Amazon) and the videos made it a bit like childsplay AND I still have more next for another attempt or too as and when needed

The decluttering of the bars is well worth it in my opinion even if I am only 100g lighter as a result of everything

This was me in a nutshell. I limped along for 2 long years, having to Google the most basic of things on my iMac, like 'Mac OS equivalent of Ctrl+Alt+Del'.

It became so frustrating that I ended up selling it and just using my work Windows laptop instead. I love the iOS on my phone, so perhaps an iPad with a keyboard is the way for me to go, who knows?

I’ve not had time to do much at all with it however I am slowly picking things up. I can see it has a lot of potential once you learn all the “quirks” etc

All set up to give the car a clean tomorrow, so much easier to get attachments for a Karcher than the Bosch pressure washer I originally bought.

20200602_193043.jpg

All set up to give the car a clean tomorrow, so much easier to get attachments for a Karcher than the Bosch pressure washer I originally bought.

View attachment 1310988
I've got an older K2 and while it works well, the Karcher foam cannon I found a bit weak. I promptly replaced it with a different snow foam lance and found that superior. Admittedly it was because I was after a thicker foam which I got with the replacement. The Karcher was quite thin.

I've got an older K2 and while it works well, the Karcher foam cannon I found a bit weak. I promptly replaced it with a different snow foam lance and found that superior. Admittedly it was because I was after a thicker foam which I got with the replacement. The Karcher was quite thin.
I picked up the karcher one for a tenner on Amazon so not holding out much hope on it being great, if it isn't I'll have to invest in a better one :)

I picked up the karcher one for a tenner on Amazon so not holding out much hope on it being great, if it isn't I'll have to invest in a better one :)

Yeah, I paid like £20 for mine stupidly. Crap for £20, not bad for a tenner!

View attachment 1311007

To help ruin a good walk.....

I’ve only ever bought one box of Golf balls, that was many years ago in Florida. It was Titleist prov1’s, I remember my first tee shot back on my local course, straight into a Gorse bush never to be found again. :laugh:
Never bought a ball since then, luckily I have loads in my Shed that I find while playing.

I’ve only ever bought one box of Golf balls, that was many years ago in Florida. It was Titleist prov1’s, I remember my first tee shot back on my local course, straight into a Gorse bush never to be found again. :laugh:
Never bought a ball since then, luckily I have loads in my Shed that I find while playing.

If you pop down to the Shire you'll find half a dozen of mine from Sunday!

View attachment 1311169
Camera for the back garden

Be interested to see any footage or still shots at daytime and esp night from this.
What's it like if you are standing a few feet in front of it at night looking into camera if your face (or mask if you prefer) ;)
Is visible, or blown out due to IR, or IR not needed due to floodlight.
Looks an interesting product.

Ok, well, arrived nice and early, not as BIG a drum as I'd feared, but sheesh it's a heavy lump to even roll.
1st job I think will be to cut in half.

I think a plan is, put car in road, park front wheel on end of cable, roll spool down the road, and either measure (but I think road is not long enough) or put both ends under car tire fold in half, if you know what I mean!

d8c126cb5fdc74362648457b4662d8cc.jpg

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom