Some pictures of your recent purchases

To make my life much easier.

If anyone can suggest decent (I'm not bothered about waving a brand name around and shouting how much it cost) foam insert that I can cut and insert my electrical tools, I would be very grateful.

Pretty quick turn around from ordering to delivery, with the base being out of stock after being ordered, but I suspect it came direct from Germany.

20200603_104255 - Copy.jpg

20200603_104630 - Copy.jpg

Last edited:
Be interested to see any footage or still shots at daytime and esp night from this.
What's it like if you are standing a few feet in front of it at night looking into camera if your face (or mask if you prefer) ;)
Is visible, or blown out due to IR, or IR not needed due to floodlight.
Looks an interesting product.
Will be installing it this weekend so when it's done I'll give my thoughts

Some more bike bits - a phone mount View attachment 1311183
As someone who ride with a phone mounted on stem for quite sometime, do bare in mind that if you ever come off for whatever reason, there is a chance your phone will come off badly.

Yes it’s really convenient having it there but in truth it’s just adding to the risk of it getting damaged. Just something to bear in mind

Ok, well, arrived nice and early, not as BIG a drum as I'd feared, but sheesh it's a heavy lump to even roll.
1st job I think will be to cut in half.

I think a plan is, put car in road, park front wheel on end of cable, roll spool down the road, and either measure (but I think road is not long enough) or put both ends under car tire fold in half, if you know what I mean!

d8c126cb5fdc74362648457b4662d8cc.jpg

I'm not sure what cable that is mate, but if at all possible, see if you can run the cable out this way instead; get a metal bar and put it through the drum. Elevate both sides of bar to lift the drum off the ground. Pull cable off and cut to length required.

If you do it the way you've described, you'll find it's more difficult. I've been running out or rolling in cables for most of my life for some reason or another, I am well versed in the art!

It's official I'm an idiot!

I had all my cable rolled out, and needed 4 sections (two lots of two lengths)

I cut the 1st section, then decided how best to cut the next section (two lengths the same)
Dragged them round the back, so now I just had to cut the remaining about in half and job done.

I came back round the front, and saw I had 2 pieces, not one. WTF!
Brain goes into meltdown, how did I do that, I don't know and I still can't work it out.

I had ONE length, cut an amount off this length, which means I had 2 bits (one I wanted and the long rest of it)
I then cut a second amount off the long length to get another of the bits I wanted.

Took that round the back and then I have 2 bits on the front lawn. This does not make sence, and I can't work it out.

So I had one longer than I wanted bit, and one shorter than I wanted bit left.

how just how?

So now I've got to order some more, DAMMIT.

Thanks for reminding me that all the exterior wood on my windows needs doing :(

Ohhhh, I know what I did.............

116 meters and I wanted:

2off 36m
2off 22m

I measured it, when arrived to check I had the right amount as did not want to end up with a short bit.

I'd ordered 114, but got 116 :)

So 1st thing was to cut the whole length in half so I had 2 equal lengths.
Then I just needed to cut 22m of each of these lengths and I'd have all 4 bits I wanted.

So, cut them in half = two 56m lenghts.
I cut 22m off one of the 56m lenghts. (so far so good)

Then rather than cut the other 22m from the other 56m length, I cut the second 22m length of the same 56m length....

DAMMIT.

So I was left with one 56m length, and one 12m length.

What a cock!

Some linen trousers and shorts..just delivered when the weather has done a complete 180..!
:facepalm::D
895F3581-3E23-48E3-96E4-838BAF6A7779.jpeg

As someone who ride with a phone mounted on stem for quite sometime, do numbers in mind that if you ever come off for whatever reason, there is a chance your phone will come off badly.
Yes it’s really convenient having it there but in truth it’s just adding to the risk of it getting damaged. Just something to bear in mind
As someone who ride with a phone mounted on stem for quite sometime, do numbers in mind that if you ever come off for whatever reason, there is a chance your phone will come off badly.

I did consider a small garmin too but like the flexibility of apps on the phone. The phones insured - so if /when I drop hopefully one way or another It will be ok.

If you pop down to the Shire you'll find half a dozen of mine from Sunday!

I won a round of Golf for four at The Shire in a raffle a couple of years ago. Found the Course a bit too hard for me, but enjoyed the Day. :)

I won a round of Golf for four at The Shire in a raffle a couple of years ago. Found the Course a bit too hard for me, but enjoyed the Day. :)

Sorry should have specified - I played the Shire academy 9 hole ! I’ve heard the same thing about their 18- from everyone that has played there.

Ok, well, arrived nice and early, not as BIG a drum as I'd feared, but sheesh it's a heavy lump to even roll.
1st job I think will be to cut in half.

I think a plan is, put car in road, park front wheel on end of cable, roll spool down the road, and either measure (but I think road is not long enough) or put both ends under car tire fold in half, if you know what I mean!

d8c126cb5fdc74362648457b4662d8cc.jpg

116 meters and I wanted:

2off 36m
2off 22m

I measured it, when arrived to check I had the right amount as did not want to end up with a short bit.

Then I just needed to cut 22m of each of these lengths and I'd have all 4 bits I wanted.

Then rather than cut the other 22m from the other 56m length, I cut the second 22m length of the same 56m length....

DAMMIT.

What a cock!
I’m interested in what sort of cable it is and what you need 56m lengths of it for?

the best outcome is that it’s for a massive catapult in the back garden:)

116 meters and I wanted:

2off 36m
2off 22m

DAMMIT.

What a cock!

Half of 116 is 58, not 56.

I’m interested in what sort of cable it is and what you need 56m lengths of it for?

the best outcome is that it’s for a massive catapult in the back garden:)

Just 4 runs of cable down the back garden, two to an area half way down-ish, the other runs to the bottom.
It's actually quite educational like any projects, things I thought about, like pulling cable round multiple bends... ha ha, not a hope. I've had to dig out all angles and even then it's hard to get 4mm armored around bends.
Hands on learning :)
Good fun in a frustrating kinda way, it's just amazing how much time simple things take without prior knowledge/experience/tools.

Half of 116 is 58, not 56.

Yeah jist a mispulling ;)

I picked up the karcher one for a tenner on Amazon so not holding out much hope on it being great, if it isn't I'll have to invest in a better one :)
Ditch the karcher one and invest in an auto brite snow foam lance. I use one on my k2 and i get lovely thick foam.

Attachments

• IMG_20191110_112430_188.jpg
    IMG_20191110_112430_188.jpg
    590.8 KB · Views: 62
Ditch the karcher one and invest in an auto brite snow foam lance. I use one on my k2 and i get lovely thick foam.

Be honest with us here......
Was this you that did this?

— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —
Finally

1591265382327.png

(for those from the other thread, this is the replacement)

Last edited:
L

I’ve been looking at these. Would have liked a Nest one to go with my nest aware subscription on my doorbell but they dont do one.
Like I said when it's installed I'll give my thoughts and see if I can get some pics off it

Anyway back to the purchases, today's arrival, just in time for tomorrow's watching of Jaws 4K :cool:

Lamp1.jpg

Lamp2.jpg

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom