• Enhanced TruePlay
  • Touch controls
  • Both in black and white
  • Measurements: 87 x 1141.7 x 115.7 mm
  • Optional wall mount
  • Price: £799
12FE9ECF-35B2-4DE1-8E1A-8B0566103608.png

ARC/eARC Dolby Atmos support:

Sonos Arc can connect to TVs with eARC, ARC, or optical outputs. For greatest compatibility, eARC is recommended.

If you connect to a TV with eARC, the Dolby audio formats supported include Dolby Atmos, TrueHD, MAT, Dolby Digital Plus, and Dolby Digital.

If you connect to a TV using ARC, the Dolby audio formats supported are dependent on your TV model and manufacturer. The TV may be capable of sending Dolby Atmos, Dolby Digital Plus, and Dolby Digital. An ARC connection cannot support TrueHD or MAT.

If you connect to a TV using the optical adapter, the Dolby audio formats supported are dependent on your TV model and manufacturer. The TV may be capable of sending Dolby Digital. An optical connection cannot support Dolby Atmos, TrueHD, MAT, or Dolby Digital Plus.

E84EA516-17FE-4791-94A2-149039BB6C73.jpeg

List of eARC compatible televisions:

LG: B9, C9, BX, CX, EX, SM9970, SM9500, SM9000, NANO85, NANO91.
Sony: A9G, A9F, Z9F, X950H, X850G, X950G.
Samsung: Q90T, Q80T, The frame 2020, Q70T, Q60T, TU8000.

Reviews:

Attachments

• 5.jpeg
    5.jpeg
    163.9 KB · Views: 1,138
Last edited:
Let's discus the new Playbar here, instead of hijacking the Beam thread..

So when is Sonos going to allow me to preorder?

Want to get it from them just incase there's any issues with my TV compatibility.

I wonder...

How long it is - I guess 1100mm.
If it has more than 1 HDMI Port - I guess no.
If it handles more audio formats - I guess no.

So when is Sonos going to allow me to preorder?

Want to get it from them just incase there's any issues with my TV compatibility.

Most likely tonight already, after the announcement.

I wonder...

How long it is - I guess 1100mm.
If it has more than 1 HDMI Port - I guess no.
If it handles more audio formats - I guess no.

Its 115cm wide, has one HDMI 2.1 e-ARC port (if rumors are true) and should handle more audio formats.

Sorry if it‘a a stupid question: based on what we know, if the Sonos has an HDMI input, would I be able to get full lossless Atmos for UHD, Netflix, Amazon and Disney if I plug in an Xbox One via HDMI? (We have a GZ950 so understand that would only enable lossy Atmos via HDMI.)

Sorry if it‘a a stupid question: based on what we know, if the Sonos has an HDMI input, would I be able to get full lossless Atmos for UHD, Netflix, Amazon and Disney if I plug in an Xbox One via HDMI? (We have a GZ950 so understand that would only enable lossy Atmos via HDMI.)

Yes is the shortest answer.

I'm not sure, but I'd like to be corrected if wrong..

This will only work if your TV has e-ARC support. Since the Sonos Arc only has a single HDMI port, you're going to have to connect your Xbox directly to your TV (can't use the soundbar as a hub). Therefore, your TV has to be able to pass that same high bandwidth signal from your Xbox into the soundbar, which it can't if your TV only has a regular arc port I think. It will do lossy atmos however.

For e-arc to work, every device in the chain needs to support it.

60683B5D-DB7B-4BDC-9B29-71A24B5E553A.png

Enhanced Trueplay to help assist calibrating for optimal Atmos.

Edit: reading all this, I wonder if they manage to pull it off with just upfiring and sidefiring speakers. Sennheiser managed to get close with their 2.5k Ambeo, but that's a whole different league obviously.

Last edited:
Sorry, this looks cheap and why no DTS support?

If they are improving Trueplay I hope they will release a universal mic so anyone can calibrate the device, ie us Android users :D

For e-arc to work, every device in the chain needs to support it.

Yeah, I don't get it. Why not just blow the competition away and have 3 or 4 HDMI inputs. Not everyone has or wants a top e-ARC TV. I'd love one but waiting for my toddlers to get out of the throwing plastics objects at TV phase 😁

1.JPG
2.JPG
3.JPG
4.JPG

EDIT: Some of these details seem to be for the Play:5, NOT Arc details. I guess the Singapore website isn't completely ready yet.

Attachments

• 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    130 KB · Views: 250
Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom