Sonos Arc - 5.0.2 Dolby Atmos soundbar

Hi all.
Thinking of getting the Arc/One SL/Sub 3 package and then hopefully getting round to wall mounting my tv with the Arc under it on the proper Sonos mount.
Two questions, where do the cables enter the Arc, is it central along its length?
Second question is a bit more general. I’m going to hide all the cables, what do people do for small penetrations into the wall like required behind the sound bar? I’m going to use brush plates for the cabling behind the TV and unit lower down, but something that big behind the beam would be visible. Are slimmer ones available for this kind of application?

Recently went through mounting both TV and Arc myself, is this any helpful? If you have questions, shoot.

3F3C9FA9-BA47-43D7-8D0D-D26713F48CD2.jpeg 92145D99-C85F-4A7D-858E-6ADAD987514B.jpeg

Last edited:
Sold the beam and one SL’s I purchased last month and placed a order for the full arc system. i called Sonos as I missed the stock last week and they let me place the order over the phone for delivery, which will come in stages as to when stock arrives. They did say arc should be in 30th July at the latest.

It's mentioned before, but would there be a reason for me to keep my AppleTV4K?

I have a C9 with the AppleTV app/Airplay, and a Nvidia Shield TV that has all the bells and whistles (Plex/Kodi and all the streaming apps). The only thing i can think of would be iTunes?

Last edited:

I have a C9 with the AppleTV app/Airplay, and a Nvidia Shield TV that has all the bells and whistles (Plex/Kodi and all the streaming apps). The only thing i can think of would be iTunes?
I believe that the LG app has now been updated to allow Atmos on iTunes content so I think the only thing you can't access is the extras.

Just ordered the Arc, Sub gen 3, 2 x SL's, pair of SL stands, oh and a Five.

Sod it 🤣

I have been selling some stuff to go towards the cost :thumbsup:

Out of stock for a few weeks, so will have to be a bit patient.

Could someone point me in the right direction with my set up ? I just set up with Sky Q but when I turn the volume up and down I just get a plus and minus for up and down now and not the volume numbers i had before ? Thanks for any help.

Could someone point me in the right direction with my set up ? I just set up with Sky Q but when I turn the volume up and down I just get a plus and minus for up and down now and not the volume numbers i had before ? Thanks for any help.
Hi. The volume indicator via the arc won’t show numbers on screen sadly, the numbers before were direct from the tv’s internal speakers but are now bypassed, hopefully will be added as other soundbars do show them.

Have you pulled the plug on the ATV unit yet? I need a reason to free up an hdmi port!🤣 pretty sure image quality is the same, regardless of the additional HDMI settings in the ATV it’s still running a streaming app at the end of the day.

If the TV unit that my Arc is resting on is 9 inches below the bottom of the TV, would it even be worth wall mounting the Arc? I know you need a few inches (or was it 4?) Above the Arc anyway so say.

4 inches is massive mate, well that's what I tell everyone anyway.

Then they know you are lying.

I didn’t mean “you“ 😂😂

Has anyone got the official Sonos Play One/SL stands?

So this is interesting, there is an audible difference between the sub Gen 2 and Gen 3, the Gen 3 is 3db louder at the 30hz range than the Gen 2!

Has anyone got the official Sonos Play One/SL stands?

I use the Flexson adjustable floor stands for my play:1 rear’s. I had the fixed version before (which are marginally cheaper) but much prefer the adjustable option for the perfect height depending on your seating arrangement and height. Match them with your speakers and it’s like they are floating.

Sold the fixed height ones and didn’t make much of a loss, so they held there price well. Plus if you don’t like them, keep the box and Amazon returns are a doddle.

Flexson Adjustable Floor Stands for Sonos One, One SL and Play:1 - Black (pair) FLXS1AFS2021 Amazon product ASIN B00JUQ68YM

Is there any point in Buying an Arc if you don’t have a eArc enabled tv?
Have regular TV with arc to a beam at the moment and no intentions to change tv for a good few years.
wondering if it’s worth buying?

Is there any point in Buying an Arc if you don’t have a eArc enabled tv?
Have regular TV with arc to a beam at the moment and no intentions to change tv for a good few years.
wondering if it’s worth buying?
I hope so. Pressed the button tonight.

How does the Arc handle the output from normal tv does it just reproduce it in stereo or does it have some sort of pseudo 5.1 ? :)

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom