Sonos Arc - 5.0.2 Dolby Atmos soundbar

Speaking of height clearance...

Do/will any of you raise your TV and if so how?
I'm hoping the Arc will fit where my Playbar currently sits, on shelf about a foot below the TV (and you cannot tell where the sound is coming from, trust me).

I have made provision in case it doesn't work there, however, with a sheet of 30mm MDF that I'll cut in half, giving 6cm of lift to put the Arc in front of. I worked out that the TV will need to go up 5cm for the Arc but the extra 1 cm is because the TV is already a bit higher than I'd like it (no way round that) so it should compensate for the angle of view.

I just cancelled my black bundle order today and reordered the Bundle in White with a 30% trade up code so happy days and just waiting for it to land at the door.

How did you cancel? I need to cancel a Sub order but can't find a way to do it?

How did you cancel? I need to cancel a Sub order but can't find a way to do it?

When you receive your Thank you order email it will have a section that says modify order (Just click on that)

So I got to the bottom of the order status that keeps changing for the bundle pack. See email below:

I double checked your order and it is indeed in the system with no problems.

The new date is due to the fact that the allocations of Sonos One SL speaker pairs included with the sets has gone of backorder due to the sheer demand for the speaker itself along with it being used in the sets.

Your order went in on 15/05/2020 before any issues arose with supply of the One SLs so I would expect that your order is still expecting to ship on 10/06/2020.

If there are any updates on that I would expect you will get an email from us about it.

Cheers guys, I’m toying with getting the Arc but not for a little while yet. Hoping to have a garden room/man cave done by the end of the year and I think this will go nicely out there with a new TV (yet to be decided on too). Wife has got me uni days code as she’s doing an open university masters for work at the moment.

Does anyone know how powerful this Arc or bundle with sub and rears is as in watts etc? Can't see that info anywhere , it tells you how many tweeters ,;woofers etc but that's it.

Does anyone know how powerful this Arc or bundle with sub and rears is as in watts etc? Can't see that info anywhere , it tells you how many tweeters ,;woofers etc but that's it.
They don't give watts details. As its a locked in system its not really comparable to other brands/separates. Personally i've never found any Sonos product to be 'underpowered' in a normal room (<25sqm)/house environment, however I could see the system struggle to compete in a particularly large open plan property or purpose built cinema room.

Last edited:
They don't give watts details. As its a locked in system its not really comparable to other brands/separates. Personally i've never i've never found any Sonos product to be 'underpowered' in a normal room (<25sqm)/house environment, however I could see the system struggle to compete in a particularly large open plan property or purpose built cinema room.

That's odd and I never knew that.

My order has changed from Backorder to temporarily out of stock then back to backorder and now once again to temporarily out of stock.

I can’t handle this roller coaster of emotions 🤣😂

CC still hasn’t been charged.

My order has changed from Backorder to temporarily out of stock then back to backorder and now once again to temporarily out of stock.

I can’t handle this roller coaster of emotions 🤣😂

CC still hasn’t been charged.

Mines the same.

Bracket is dispatched but ARC still flagged as out of stock....I’m going to just get a bracket on launch day aren’t I... :rotfl:

I spoke with Sonos, dispatched acknowledged just means they are prepping it, but won’t send until 10th.

I think I'll be after you guys because it says pre order from Sonos first exclusively, unless it's just saying you can. But I couldn't pre order from smart home sounds until the 13th May

What part do the rears play in the Arc Bundle? I see it's still a 5.1.2 and do you think it will be true Atmos , as it's a 5.1.2 without the rears and just sub.

So Sonos recommends wall mounting the Arc, with 10cm free space underneath the TV. For me that means the Arc would float roughly 3-4 cm above my bench, ie I might as well just rest it on the bench instead for height-reasons. What other benefits may come from wall mounting? Sonos says the arc will feel that it’s wall mounted and adapt.. whatever that means?

What part do the rears play in the Arc Bundle? I see it's still a 5.1.2 and do you think it will be true Atmos , as it's a 5.1.2 without the rears and just sub.
True Atmos?

It'll be Atmos as in it can decode Atmos and play it back via dedicated speakers, which because its a soundbar are upfiring (Located in the bar).

The rears with my Beam give me the rear surrounds sounds, I believe the Arc with rears will do the same, without rear speakers the Arc uses side firing speakers in the bar for these channels. How that will sound I'll let you know in a week :D

So Sonos recommends wall mounting the Arc, with 10cm free space underneath the TV. For me that means the Arc would float roughly 3-4 cm above my bench, ie I might as well just rest it on the bench instead for height-reasons. What other benefits may come from wall mounting? Sonos says the arc will feel that it’s wall mounted and adapt.. whatever that means?

According to Sonos, it means that the official Arc mount will recognise that it is wall mounted and adjust the bass accordingly so to reduce in any vibrations In your walls. (neighbour friendly)
Though if you have the Sub I’m not sure that is an issue.

According to Sonos, it means that the official Arc mount will recognise that it is wall mounted and adjust the bass accordingly so to reduce in any vibrations In your walls. (neighbour friendly)
Though if you have the Sub I’m not sure that is an issue.
Is that why the mount is £69 :(

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom