Sonos Beam

The speakers have ethernet ports so can be hardwired, but it's not required. I've got two Beams, two Play 1's, two Ones and a subwoofer all connected to WiFi.
Nice one, will have a £125 JL voucher in December to take off the price. Just need to find a Black Friday deal and try for a price match to knock it down further.

Anyone else get this email?

Screenshot_20191105-155039_Email.jpg

Nope:)

Oh you have to buy one to get the email. Thats why I didn’t get it:D

Yeah, I got the email. Have added Google assistant and now I’m just waiting for the redemption email to come through within the next 24 hours

Hi all
Thinking of buying a pair of Symfonisk as surrounds for Sonos Beam. They will be placed behind the main couch. Do you think they can work horizontally with the speaker grill oriented backwards (so it’s easier to hide the cable) in the living room or for working as surrounds they should be oriented towards the TV? If it doesn’t work that way I probably should get two Play 1’s because of their round shape.
Thanks for tour help.

Is it this type you are talking about?
62181C4D-55EC-456E-882D-B1F7D71A77C6.jpeg

They can be used vertically or horizontally. But I would have them so the grille is orientated toward the listening position, but I stand to be corrected :)

Yes, that’s the model. The problem I’ll be facing is that if the grille is orientated toward the listening position it would be difficult to hide the power cable...

Thanks

Yes, that’s the model. The problem I’ll be facing is that if the grille is orientated toward the listening position it would be difficult to hide the power cable...

Thanks

Personally as @Chillie6 says, the grill needs to be facing the listening position, if this isn't an option then I'd argue it's not even worth entertaining the idea.

Anyone know how the 5.1 surround set compares to the samsung q90R or n950? Struggling to decide.

I don't understand why it would be hard to hide the power cable when it comes our the back of the speaker. And why you'd have a speaker facing against a wall instead of where you're sitting.

Free chrome cast has just arrived :)
Will be straight up for sale though as I’m already sorted with Apple TV’s everywhere.

Who has their Beam wall mounted with the cables hidden? Are you just using a bracket that's attached to the tv or are separate bracket with cables in the wall? How thick is the beam? Would it hide a socket placed behind it. Cheers.

Who has their Beam wall mounted with the cables hidden? Are you just using a bracket that's attached to the tv or are separate bracket with cables in the wall? How thick is the beam? Would it hide a socket placed behind it. Cheers.

I've got my Beams wall mounted using the official mount with self adhesive trunking to hide the cables. There's more than enough space/clearance to run trunking behind the Beam for the power cable and hdmi.

The official mount must not have it that close to the wall then does it? From looking at the beam there's an opening at the bottom for inputs.

My problem is I don't have the wall its going on built yet so in two minds.

The official mount must not have it that close to the wall then does it? From looking at the beam there's an opening at the bottom for inputs.

My problem is I don't have the wall its going on built yet so in two minds.

Hi, the Beam has approximately an inch gap between the soundbar and wall.

If memory serves that's the trunking I used to hide the cables between TV and Beam.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom