Sonos Beam

I've got my Beams wall mounted using the official mount with self adhesive trunking to hide the cables. There's more than enough space/clearance to run trunking behind the Beam for the power cable and hdmi.

Do you not have any vibration issues with low frequency scenes? It was a shame mine did as I liked it on the wall.

Do you not have any vibration issues with low frequency scenes? It was a shame mine did as I liked it on the wall.

I've got two Beams one in living room and one in the bedroom. Never had issues with vibration in the bedroom, I did have an issue with bass in the living room causing a rattling sound to eminate from the bar, I was able to stop it by turning the subwoofer on. Touch wood after I powered the bar down, retightened the wall mount and repositioned Beam it's never happened again 🤞 (Note; I use the Beam all the time, tv, films and games but only use the subwoofer and surrounds with worthwhile sources).

I agree, I like mine on the wall. Gives a nice clean look.

I'd ideally not have trunking. It's a new extension and I'd like it all hidden but its not possible is it or should I say worth it?

I won't be having a TV unit until times I need one so the plan is tv mounted with Sky Q Mini hidden behind it with beam a few inches below tv at eye level. For the sake of a few inches trunking will do won't it?

Likely need more than a double socket crap.

Cheers lads

Excuse the artwork 🤨
Would this work? Red X being position of Play 1 / SL on Flexon floor stand.
We sit in left hand arm chair and left side of the sofa.
Cheers.

Attachments

• 2019-11-08 (1).png
    2019-11-08 (1).png
    5 KB · Views: 60
Excuse the artwork 🤨
Cheers.
Theres working and then there's working. Rears are supposed to be rears. Anything else is a compromise.

Excuse the artwork 🤨
Cheers.

This is how Dolby recommends 5.1 is setup

And for a year i repeated to the missus rectangular room, tv on flat wall. I had to accept tv in corner but on the provision there was a new Sonos system, compromise.

I'm lucky enough to have my TV wall mounted, with Beam mounted below, opposite the sofa with the surround Play 1's on stands positioned at either side of the sofa as per Dolby recommendation. Sounds great :)

My compromise.

Thank you for the replies everyone, appreciate it. So do you think it would just be a waste off £££ if I were to position them as the diagram? Would I just not get the benefit from them being there.

Photo? Cheers

Hi, are you asking me? Never posted a photo on here before, I'll take one when I finish work tonight and give it a try.

My compromise.

Nice, separate chairs, like it. I've got a 4 seat sofa for snuggling on :D

Nice, separate chairs, like it. I've got a 4 seat sofa for snuggling on :D
Thanks. Initially it was like “err you don’t think them things are going to sit out there” referring to the white speakers and stands that there more than a few words about.

Still not had an email about a Chromecast, don't know how long it should take. I double checked the requirements and it's all set up properly.

Been checking spam and my inbox, also checked my Gmail account incase it was Google related but nothing so far.

May be contact them ? :)

Is there not some requirement around Goggle assistant? I can't mind which I read but you either have to have used it or not so its one of them groups.

Really shouldn't have any vibration, I've got various playbars and beams mounted and never had any vibration. I would try mounting it again and I remember your pics and it did look nice.

Oh and regarding Google Assistant I much prefer it to Alesa but unlike Alexa it doesn't support Apple Music via the Sonos YET

Really shouldn't have any vibration, I've got various playbars and beams mounted and never had any vibration. I would try mounting it again and I remember your pics and it did look nice.

Thanks, I liked it too! Unfortunately sent the bracket back and I now have lost female approval :eek::rotfl:

Is there not some requirement around Goggle assistant? I can't mind which I read but you either have to have used it or not so its one of them groups.

I don't have it attached to any groups but I've asked it about my day and the weather, you'd think that would mean it's registered as setup wouldn't you? :(

I thought may be Sonos? Don’t really know. :(

I guess you have set up google assistant?

Free chrome cast has just arrived :)
Will be straight up for sale though as I’m already sorted with Apple TV’s everywhere.

Hey mate, out of curiosity who emailed you the code, I'm guessing Sonos?

Cheers :)

It's not the end of the world as I didn't buy it for the free Chromecast but who doesn't like free stuff :D

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom