Question Sony 55 XF75 for £400. Good deal?

BrightonChris

Ex Member
Reaction score
Hi, I'm not really familiar with the budget end but need a tv for the bedroom and someone is selling a Sony XF7596 for £400. Is this a good TV at a good price?

Not really, its a 2018 model, the 2019 equivalent wouldn't have been far off that price new if you decided to buy it in a sale.

What is the usage of the TV going to be? Will you view the TV head-on or at an angle?
I assume since its a bedroom TV it will be used in the dark?

Hi, thanks for the response. It'll be mixed viewing, light and dark, but always straight on. I have an OLED in a blacked out room for serious viewing so PQ isn't paramount, but is of course a strong consideration although I'm not expecting miracles at this price range. A decent and comprehensive OS is needed as it won't have any boxes connected and all our viewing is through apps.
A budget of around £400, 43-55". Seems like Hisense gets all the plaudits at this end of the market.

If you can still find the Hisense Roku TV at Argos, go for that model. 43B7120 50B7120 55B7120
Otherwise I'd target the new U7Q come Black Friday/Xmas/Jan sales which has features other cheaper TVs lack, local dimming + around 700 nits peak brightness.

The Roku TVs OS is more comprehensive than Hisense's own. Although Hisense's own have all the major apps still. If its OS>Picture quality you should consider TVs from Samsung or LG instead. Samsungs a bit of a gamble with picture quality since its not certain which panel types they use at 43, 49 and 55".

LG uses IPS type panels at 43, 49 and 55" and will fair better in brighter conditions.

All 50" TVs, be those LG, Samsung, Philips, Hisense or TCL use VA panels and will be good in darker conditions.

Thank for the considered response. I'm in no immediate rush, and it makes sense to wait until black Friday in that case. Looking into the U7Q, that does look like potentially great value.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom