Question Sony 65AG8 Problems - advice please

hondadriver

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I've just brought the above TV. Is anyone using an Arcam AVR 390/550/850 with this TV and managing to pass through any 4k video?

My problem is that I have an Arcam AVR 550 amp. I have a fire cube TV and Samsung UHD blu ray player. Everything worked fine on my 5 year old hiseinse 4k tv routing through the arcam.

If I connect the fire cube TV and uhd player directly to the Sony TV all works fine and I get 4k HDR / dolby vision (Netflix / Amazon etc). I also get this from the TV aps and 4k HDR from the uhd player aps.
Yet if I route it through the arcam the uhd player doesn't work at all (I hear sound from the amp but no picture) and the fire cube will only do 1080p with the Sony TV stating that it's input (all hdmi inputs) are not hdcp 2.2 compliant...

I have tried every setting to work it out... Used multiple different udmi cables... Have all hdmi cec settings off in all devices. Arcam hdmi is on bypass. I am also using hdmi format of standard on the sony TV (using enhanced format means that even the fire cube TV connected directly fails to show a picture).

Any thoughts or help gratefully received before I return the Sony..... I can only assume it's a compatibility issue between the ag8 and the arcam receivers...

Thanks

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom