Sony A1E OLED TV Owners and Discussion Thread

While watching tv my 65 inch A1 turned itself off and the front led repeatedly flashes red 4 times.
Tried all the recommended rebooting methods but cannot get it out of this error state
It’s out of warranty and I emailed a local service center who dismissed it as being unfixable based on that error code 😢
Anyone with any experience of the 4 flashing red light error ?

Yeah I had that in 2017 on my initial brand new 55A1 within 20 seconds of it being powered on. Sony sent a replacement TV. I believe it was a panel fault if I recall correctly!?

While watching tv my 65 inch A1 turned itself off and the front led repeatedly flashes red 4 times.
Tried all the recommended rebooting methods but cannot get it out of this error state
It’s out of warranty and I emailed a local service center who dismissed it as being unfixable based on that error code 😢
Anyone with any experience of the 4 flashing red light error ?
Yeah, I had that on my original A1 65, had to be replaced as it's dead.
I still have the replacement 65, still going strong, although about to be listed for sale as no longer used.

Its a shame that it was deemed unrepairable
On the plus side have a 77 A80K on the way

Quick question guys…..I have connected a PS5 to the A1 but every 10 to 15 minutes of starting the PS5 the TV turns itself off along with the PS5 itself!
I’m guessing its something to do with HDMI CEC control but I don’t really know how to resolve it. Any ideas please?

I have not come across that behaviour before. Is it doing it on all the HDMI ports or just the one that you happen to have plugged the ps5 into?

I have not come across that behaviour before. Is it doing it on all the HDMI ports or just the one that you happen to have plugged the ps5 into?
To be honest I haven’t tried it on any other ports yet…I’ll give that a go at the weekend. Cheers! 🙂

Quick question guys…..I have connected a PS5 to the A1 but every 10 to 15 minutes of starting the PS5 the TV turns itself off along with the PS5 itself!
I’m guessing its something to do with HDMI CEC control but I don’t really know how to resolve it. Any ideas please?
I've never experienced it with my PS5, A1E setup, but you can try doing the following if you're suspecting it CEC:
  1. Press the Home button on your Sony TV remote.
  2. Use the arrow buttons to navigate and select Settings.
  3. Select External Inputs under the TV category.
  4. Select BRAVIA Sync settings.
  5. Set BRAVIA Sync Control to Off.

I've never experienced it with my PS5, A1E setup, but you can try doing the following if you're suspecting it CEC:
  1. Press the Home button on your Sony TV remote.
  2. Use the arrow buttons to navigate and select Settings.
  3. Select External Inputs under the TV category.
  4. Select BRAVIA Sync settings.
  5. Set BRAVIA Sync Control to Off.
Thanks mate I’ll give that a go! 🙂

Hello from Spain friends! Please could anyone post his settings for sat/cable? Im using at the momment Dnice settings for all , but i think that in sat or cable tv these settings are not vivid, thanks for all in advance. A gretting

I've had my 65A1 since launch and I'm worried it might have now met its end.
It won't power on from the remote nor the power button. I've left it unplugged overnight and I've tried the Android recovery method several times. The LED shows green but nothing ever appears on screen and there's still not the audible click of it starting up.
Does anyone have any ideas before I contact a service centre? Many thanks.

Hey folks,my 65A1 still going strong and looking good.

A long shot but wondering if anyone has or knows if the backlit Sony Voice Remote Control Commander Controller RMF-TX621E works?

Hey folks,my 65A1 still going strong and looking good.

A long shot but wondering if anyone has or knows if the backlit Sony Voice Remote Control Commander Controller RMF-TX621E works?

I would like this remote too for my 55A1. I have tried my 48A9 remote (RMF-TX600E) on the A1 and it seems to work fine including Netflix button. I haven't tried pairing Bluetooth to try voice control... I'm sure I've read that that may not work.

The RMF-TX600E is such a nicer remote.

I would like this remote too for my 55A1. I have tried my 48A9 remote (RMF-TX600E) on the A1 and it seems to work fine including Netflix button. I haven't tried pairing Bluetooth to try voice control... I'm sure I've read that that may not work.

The RMF-TX600E is such a nicer remote.
I can confirm the RMF-TX611E works fine - bought on eBay worked immediately once batteries were put in - it’s an excellent upgrade.

I’m on the latest TV software and btw can’t comment on the Netflix button as that goes through my Apple TV & don’t use Google play - hope that helps!

Last edited:
I can confirm the RMF-TX611E it works fine - bought on eBay worked immediately once batteries were put in - it’s an excellent upgrade.

I’m on the latest TV software and btw can’t comment on the Netflix button as that goes through my Apple TV & don’t use Google play - hope that helps!
Did you get Bluetooth voice to work?

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom