Sony A6000 doesn't have a microphone jack. It sucks. How do you guys handle it?

lionmistress

Standard Member
Reaction score
I intend to buy myself a mirrorless camera Sony A6000. But how could you expect to shoot a quality video with good audio? It boggles my mind. And other cameras just exceed my budget.

The A6000 is a great travel camera, small and lightweight, ideal for when you don't want to carry something bulkier around.
To do that, and keep to a price point, there have to be compromises.

Note that although there is no microphone jack, you can use an external mic via the MI Hotshoe - though obviously those are specific to the Sony system, so will probably be more expensive than generic 3.5mm jack microphones.

The A6000 is a great travel camera, small and lightweight, ideal for when you don't want to carry something bulkier around.
To do that, and keep to a price point, there have to be compromises.

Note that although there is no microphone jack, you can use an external mic via the MI Hotshoe - though obviously those are specific to the Sony system, so will probably be more expensive than generic 3.5mm jack microphones.
Thanks a lot.

The other alternative is to use an external audio recorder and synch the pictures and video up in post production. There are lots of phone mics etc. that might be of use. Depends what you're shooting.
If you're doing Vlogging or interviews then a clip on mic attached to your phone might be simpler than a shotgun on the camera.

The other alternative is to use an external audio recorder and synch the pictures and video up in post production. There are lots of phone mics etc. that might be of use. Depends what you're shooting.
If you're doing Vlogging or interviews then a clip on mic attached to your phone might be simpler than a shotgun on the camera.
Thanks. I think I'll get myself a phone mic.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom