Sony A9 4K OLED TV Preview

Does anyone know if the height of the A9 can be increased by 5-10cm to accommodate an external soundbar in front?

Apparently the new Sony A9H will have an new Processor which will improve Picture performance about 30-40% a Sony rep told on CES

Apparently the new Sony A9H will have an new Processor which will improve Picture performance about 30-40% a Sony rep told on CES

:eek:

Hopefully it will improve, motion, HDR and DV that's where Sony is still a bit weaker but this means only one model will have this new processor and it will probably be very expensive.

Last edited:
Copy-paste from avsforum:

A9H: 48", 55", 65" and 77" estimated USA launch at V E is September 2020

2019 A9G vs. the 2020 A9H:
- Sony's A9H Master Series OLED TV will have HDMI 2.1
- Advanced algorithms and more powerful new processor
- New 2 way pedestal stand
- New Slim wall-mount compatible
- Acoustic Auto Calibration w/room correction
- New backlit premium remote, silver finish

Great news on the HMI 2.1

A9H 48" will replace my bedroom TV.

Think I will have to wait for this will be dissapointed if I buy an AG9 and this comes out later in the year.

The lack of HDR10+ does not disappoint @philhinton as you've written. Nobody cares about that useless picture mode. It was largely agreed that even last year's models did an extremely adequate up scaling of HDR10 to mimic HDR10+ via Sonys own methods.

Each product has its own pros and cons
The Sony A9G is nice TV this year.
it is gorgeous, have sound great, best picture quality and so on ...
thanks
I do not mention the cons

It will be very interesting to see how this fares against the LG CX48, I wonder if the Sony will also have eARC

CX48 will likely be technically superior and cheaper. Surprised Sonys TV business is still going.

Quite a steep asking price, will be interesting to see how their rated against each other.

It’s the Sony 48 AH9 due later in the year which I will be comparing to the LG CX48, not this new Sony 48 A9.

Any thoughts on this compared to the new Samsung QE49Q80T?
It's not even in the same ballpark. Last year Q90R was on the level of OLED with different drawbacks and benefits. This year not a single 4K TV from Samsung competes with OLED.

Also 49 inch QLEDs always come with less dimming zones and other features stripped so it's even worse.

Any thoughts on this compared to the new Samsung QE49Q80T?
2020 Samsung has not made a successor to the Q90. Their naming has been confusing, the 80T is the replacement of the 70 (2019), 90T is the successor of the 80R etc.

You are better off buying the 2019 Q85 or Q90.

It's not even in the same ballpark. Last year Q90R was on the level of OLED with different drawbacks and benefits. This year not a single 4K TV from Samsung competes with OLED.

Also 49 inch QLEDs always come with less dimming zones and other features stripped so it's even worse.

Thanks, am I right in saying this is the first OLED at 49’ - last year sounded like the Samsung’s were highly rated for what was availaible at this size, which unfortunately ruled out OLED and the top end QLED models.

The 48” Sony oled is no longer on richer sounds website, we might be in for a long wait

Copy-paste from avsforum:

A9H: 48", 55", 65" and 77" estimated USA launch at V E is September 2020

2019 A9G vs. the 2020 A9H:
- Sony's A9H Master Series OLED TV will have HDMI 2.1
- Advanced algorithms and more powerful new processor
- New 2 way pedestal stand
- New Slim wall-mount compatible
- Acoustic Auto Calibration w/room correction
- New backlit premium remote, silver finish

I have read that the A9H range have been cancelled for 2020. I was hoping to buy the 48 and 77 to go with the PS5 and Xbox Series X. I am being optimistic for an early 2021 release but i doubt it. I would be happy with an official press release for now.

Did anyone noticed the "Perfect for Playstation" banner on the A9 page?

If you clicked on it you are linked to the "Gaming Tvs" page that lists HDMI2.1.

Probably just wishful thinking.

Sony site says available from end August 2020.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom