Question Sony AF9 Arc issue with pc using AMD RX580 GFX Help please!

a1blues

Established Member
Reaction score
I have an issue whereby arc sound and control is lost whenever the pc is connected to the tv through hdmi.
There is no sound passed at all.
I am using AMD RX580 GFX card.
I can obviously unplug the pc but I want to use it and for arc to work without using other methods such as optical.
Does anyone know any solution to stop this happening by doing some changes to the settings in windows 10?
I have heard buying a displayport 1.4 to hdmi adapter and using the displayport on the gfx card fixes the issue, however, I would not like to spend £34 to do so if another solution involving software is available?
I have tried different hdmi cables etc and trying all settings to the tv sound options, but to no avail.
Any help would be great.
Thanks.

Unfortunately I don't have a RX-580 so can't try and replicate the problem you describe. I can confirm I have an RTX-2060 connected to the AF9 and do not have this problem so educated guess is a Radeon driver problem.

I have googled and quite a few Radeon users are reporting this problem incl recent posts with a variety of TV's, which is not encouraging.

A couple of things to check, make sure on the PC sound output is set to HDMI (I manually toggle when I switch to output to the AF9 via HDMI). Also try toggling and testing AF9 settings to do with HDMI (including eArc).

Hey Blues. I'm having the exact same issue as you with my LG CX. I have an RX 580 as well and it disconnects the ARC every time I connect it to the TV.

I was thinking it was an issue wit the TV at first, but then I tested with a laptop and it did not produce the same issue. It must be an issue with this graphics card... I feel like there has got to be a setting somewhere but I'm only somewhat tech savy...

Have you tried the DP to HDMI? I think I'm going to order one and see if that does the trick.

Hey Blues. I'm having the exact same issue as you with my LG CX. I have an RX 580 as well and it disconnects the ARC every time I connect it to the TV.

I was thinking it was an issue wit the TV at first, but then I tested with a laptop and it did not produce the same issue. It must be an issue with this graphics card... I feel like there has got to be a setting somewhere but I'm only somewhat tech savy...

Have you tried the DP to HDMI? I think I'm going to order one and see if that does the trick.

Yeah I am using Club3D DisplayPort 1.4 to HDMI 2.0a HDR Active Adapter i got from Amazon.
Not had any problems since and no more issues with ARC

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom