Sony AG9 OLED TV Owners and Discussion Thread

Very impressed watching some of the Glastonbury coverage on BBC Red Button 1 HD. How it handled complete darkness interspersed with strobe lights during the Chemical Brothers was so slick

Still finding myself being pulled out of some programs I'm watching by "the wow"

So that was upscaled from HD rather than native 4k?
Glad you are happy with it still... :)

Only upscaled HD. It handled it marvelously. I'm guessing the BBC run higher HD bitrates than some other channels, as BBC Two HD is usually better quality too?

Watching some of the Isle of Wight festival on Sky UHD was pretty good too - I just wish it was on catch-up in UHD as well.

Only upscaled HD. It handled it marvelously. I'm guessing the BBC run higher HD bitrates than some other channels, as BBC Two HD is usually better quality too?

Watching some of the Isle of Wight festival on Sky UHD was pretty good too - I just wish it was on catch-up in UHD as well.

Thanks, all very positive, especially the upscaling ability.
Narrowing it down! Glad you are enjoying it. I think they are top notch!

I kinda figured, dont even wanna watch their reviews, waiting for vincent

This TV won the recent VE USA shootout fair and square with LG C9 coming a close second. I wouldn't bother with that rtings review to be frank as they can be a hit or miss.

Having see this in Currys, I liked the design of this TV over the AF9 although picture wise this is very similar to the other OLEDs that I saw on the shop floor. You can't go wrong with any of these OLEDs from major brands (LG, Sony, Panasonic and Philips to an extent).

Having see this in Currys, I liked the design of this TV over the AF9 although picture wise this is very similar to the other OLEDs that I saw on the shop floor. You can't go wrong with any of these OLEDs from major brands (LG, Sony, Panasonic and Philips to an extent).
Which makes me wonder how they can keep this massive price premium. I know its a Master Series TV but the new AG9 is a bit less master than the last years model and virtually identical to a "standard" C series LG.

Thought the Rtings review was pretty solid and dont know what people are expecting. They got criticised last year with their af9 review ,and people said they will wait for HDTV test and Avf for review only to be told pretty much the same thing.

Sony said months ago it is the same tv picture quality wise as the Af9,just the design ,apple apps , the reduction in memory and little change to the sound the only thing that separates them.

Phil Hinton said on the podcast that the Ag8 was identical in peformance to the af8,so wont expect any difference between the Af9 and Ag9.

Not that it would be a bad thing,as having the Af9 myself it is a stunning set. But unlike the c9,its no upgrade from last year.

Sony said months ago it is the same tv picture quality wise as the Af9,just the design ,apple apps , the reduction in memory and little change to the sound the only thing that separates them.
A reduction in memory and a massive simplification of the AG9's stand from the previous easel design yet the price is sill much higher than rivals for near identical performance. I wanted this TV so bad but it looks like such terrible value just for the Sony brand.

A reduction in memory and a massive simplification of the AG9's stand from the previous easel design yet the price is sill much higher than rivals for near identical performance. I wanted this TV so bad but it looks like such terrible value just for the Sony brand.
Then get a C9 that £700 price difference will remain even when reductions start to surface.

Hi guys, I’m new to this forum. At present I have a 16 month old 65A1 which has developed a panel fault. Sony have offered to exchange it for a 65AG. Any tip would be most welcome. I am slowly working my way through all the postings. Regards Ian.​

Hi guys, I’m new to this forum. At present I have a 16 month old 65A1 which has developed a panel fault. Sony have offered to exchange it for a 65AG. Any tip would be most welcome. I am slowly working my way through all the postings. Regards Ian.​
Man you are so lucky :eek::thumbsup::thumbsup::D

My suggestion would be that you bite their hand off.

Take it ASAP.

Can you say what models you’ve had, and what problems?
Essay time! 1st AF8 purchased December had bad red tint on right hand side and right hand side was darker on normal content, 2nd upgraded to AF9 that had 6 lines of banding visable in all content, 3rd AF9 had overall green tint everybody looked like incrediable halk! Thought I would change brands with the 4th (seeings as AF9 stocks were running lol) and choose a C9 arrived with a massive hole in the box, all 4 corners were lighter (like bad LED backlight bleed) and dark splodge bottom right, all faults were verified by RS some even in person, they have been brilliant, even reduced the price of AG9 as a good will gesture, feels all I have done for 7 months is unbox, setup, rebox TV's lol

Essay time! 1st AF8 purchased December had bad red tint on right hand side and right hand side was darker on normal content, 2nd upgraded to AF9 that had 6 lines of banding visable in all content, 3rd AF9 had overall green tint everybody looked like incrediable halk! 4th C9 arrived with a massive hole in the box, all 4 corners were lighter (like bad LED backlight bleed) and dark splodge bottom right, all faults were verified by RS some even in person, they have been brilliant, even reduced the price of AG9 as a good will gesture, feels all I have done for 6 months is unbox, setup, rebox TV's lol
:eek:
Maybe I shouldnt upgrade!!!
Really hope this one works well for you

:eek:
Maybe I shouldnt upgrade!!!
Really hope this one works well for you
Its a refund if not, its madness, even the people in store cant believe it, wish I had refused delivery of the C9 but had so many thought I should give it a go, dark image taken from planet earth II 4K bluray

Attachments

• 20190617_171512.jpg
    20190617_171512.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 314
  • 20190623_210855.jpg
    20190623_210855.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 340
Its a refund if not, its madness, even the people in store cant believe it, wish I had refused delivery of the C9 but had so many thought I should give it a go, dark image taken from planet earth II 4K bluray

Wow, I can’t believe you’ve had so many issues. Let’s hope you get a really good one to enjoy at last

Hey all
Just asking a question on my brothers behalf who wondered if the screen can be used a Bluetooth speaker purely for music (when not being used as a TV :smashin:)?

Cheers, Paul

Last edited:
What the Apple app like on the AG9 compared to the one on a 4k ATV

Is it exactly the same ?

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom