Bargain Expired Sony centre direct refurbished store thread

Dodgexander

Solutions
Reaction score
To coincide with the Bargain - Panasonic refurbished eBay store thread I am also making this thread to stay as a bargain thread throughout the year.

Much the same as the Panasonic thread, deals on this outlet tend to peak around this time of year (25/03/20 today) as they are trying to ship out this years models before new models enter the market.

There have been some terrific deals on the outlet recently, which have been really hard for me to turn down (even when I don't need a TV)!

Here's the link:

Can't seem to link direct to the TV section, but make sure you click on 'Refurbished TV'

Deals I have seen/heard people obtain:

55AG8 - £900 *Red hot.
65AG8 - £1200 *Red hot.
55XF9005 - £549 *Red hot.
65XF9005 - £749 *Red hot.
49XG9005 - £480 *Red hot.
55XG9505 - £629*Red hot.
65XG9505 - £1000 *Red hot.
55XG8796 - £500 *hot.
65XG8796 - £700 *hot.
65XG8096 - £549 *hot.

As with the Panasonic outlet the deals come and go fast and they are very seasonal dependant. Pricing can also fluctuate quite a bit. Many of it doesn't make sense with some real stinker of deals together with these good ones!

This user found they refresh stock thursday/friday.
And this user was able to add a cheap extended warranty at a small cost.

I'll try to keep this updated. Sometimes compared to hyped new prices of TVs they also have decent deals the rest of the year, but if you have read anything I have written before such as The best time to buy a TV then you will know that the best time to snag a deal is this time of year. Even Black Friday prices do not match the deals you can find now.

Credits:
@FubarKid

Last edited:
I saw the 55XG9505 for £629 the other day, but took too long deciding and missed it!

I saw the 55XG9505 for £629 the other day, but took too long deciding and missed it!
thanks. I've adjusted the price!

thanks. I've adjusted the price!
That is a bargain, if it comes up again I'll snap one up I think.
I would really love an OLED, but as I am not in a position really to afford to change my TV that often, I think the peace of mind of not having any burn-in issues etc and having to baby sit a TV, will sway me towards LCD again.

Is the 65xg8796 the replacement model from 65xe8596?

It's hard to work out

Is the 65xg8796 the replacement model from 65xe8596?

It's hard to work out
No it's the same model but with different software. The XG87 lets you use motionflow to higher strength than the XG85.

It's the second letter in Sony's confusing model numbers that relate to the release year.

No it's the same model but with different software. The XG87 lets you use motionflow to higher strength than the XG85.

It's the second letter in Sony's confusing model numbers that relate to the release year.

That's perfect, thank you.

I currently have the 55xe8596 and really pleased with it, I just want 65"!

Of course I want the 65xg9505 or the 9005, and that's a steal at 1k, it's just trying to get it.....

Sony have a 10% off at many stores, so they seem to be clearing the current models, are they about to release new models?

New models of TV's are due from all manufacturers in the coming months which is why this is approaching the best time of year to buy a TV.

All the manufacturers show off their new lineups at CES (Consumer Electronics Show) in January in Vegas then they start filtering though April- June IIRC.
Of course, things might be a bit different this year.

I think the 10% offer is very poor. The refurb deals are more appealing.

Given the virus I'd expect they are going to be slower at listing them, and likely delayed doing so. It can only mean they are more desperate to get rid of stock in the long run and already have had some deals: Bargain - Sony centre direct refurbished store thread

I think the 10% offer is very poor. The refurb deals are more appealing.

Given the virus I'd expect they are going to be slower at listing them, and likely delayed doing so. It can only mean they are more desperate to get rid of stock in the long run and already have had some deals: Bargain - Sony centre direct refurbished store thread

Having an outstanding issue with the Sony center RE; faulty 'refurbished' unit purchased from this site I was told;
Because of Covid-19 in line with goverment requirements all our retail outlets are closed. Your enquiry will be dealt with as soon as business is open to operate as Normal.

Regards,

ASK Outlets Support Team

Thanks for this link. Just got the xf9005 for £550 this morning. I've been scoruieaching the web for months and this is the best deal (by at least £150) that I've seen.

Thanks for this link. Just got the xf9005 for £550 this morning. I've been scoruieaching the web for months and this is the best deal (by at least £150) that I've seen.

Nice one,surprised you got one as due to current situation i didn't think they were adding anything to the site at the moment,hope everything arrives ok 👍

That's perfect, thank you.

I currently have the 55xe8596 and really pleased with it, I just want 65"!

Of course I want the 65xg9505 or the 9005, and that's a steal at 1k, it's just trying to get it.....

Sony have a 10% off at many stores, so they seem to be clearing the current models, are they about to release new models?

65XG9505 available for £949

Looks like a few models have been added today!

Looks like a few models have been added today!
Beware of what has been noted already by @benny5 that you won't currently be able to return the TV if you have a problem.

AF8 on for £1499 don't know if it's a good price, but it looks it!

That's actually pretty expensive, its an old model from 2018 too.

Thanks dodgexander!!! Managed to pick up a KD49XG9005 for £499, refurb but has all the plastic on so don’t think it’s been used! It’s my new bedroom tv as have a 65”LG oled C downstairs so wanted to get something good but didn’t think £1k for a bedroom tv would get a pass from the boss😂 can’t wait to try it and now looking for a new soundbar to compliment it, thanks again for all your posts on here!

Thanks dodgexander!!! Managed to pick up a KD49XG9005 for £499, refurb but has all the plastic on so don’t think it’s been used! It’s my new bedroom tv as have a 65”LG oled C downstairs so wanted to get something good but didn’t think £1k for a bedroom tv would get a pass from the boss😂 can’t wait to try it and now looking for a new soundbar to compliment it, thanks again for all your posts on here!

Nice one, did u buy extra warranty?

Not yet but I have a month to buy it as I checked.... £40 for 3 years and £80 for 5 😎👍

I got 5 warranty for £70 with the same tv, tell them u have seen someone get it for £70 as that's what i did when I bought mine for £479..

I got 5 warranty for £70 with the same tv, tell them u have seen someone get it for £70 as that's what i did when I bought mine for £479..
Ok thanks will do...I didn’t mind paying £20 extra as just wanted to get one as still a bargain I think 😎

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom