Question Sony ht 5000 or Sonos Arc

charlie55

Prominent Member
Reaction score
As the above states i am in the market for either of these Soundbars. I was at first set on the Sonos but their latest update did not include LPCM, i have purchased the HD Fury Arcana with the intention of parterning it with the Arc. I have also an OPPO203 which i understand can transcode dts to dolby digital thus getting over the arcs inability to play dts files.
On the other hand the Sony ht 5000 can play dts and just about any other file type plus the ability to put 3 inputs directly into the bar. I would still use the Arcana with the Sony as my Sony A1 does not do eARC. My last question would be if putting the sources direct into the soundbar what would the output be on the bar.
I am looking for some opinions on which soundbar to buy and how would be the best way to set them up. My last question may seem simple to most but i have had a short illness and nothing seems to be straightforward at the moment. Thanks

Have set up the HT-ST5000 with everything plugged direct into it (sky Q, PS4, apple TV) and it works fine. Have now got it set up with everything into my TV and then passing signal over eARC (which I appreciate isn't an option for you).

Atmos and Dolby Vision work with both methods. I can't test dts as none of the inputs that i use have this format unfortunately

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom