Sony KD-75XE9405 4K LCD TV owners thread.

I do feel picking up one of these before they disappeared was a very wise move and when I purchased mine 77 inch oled was about 7 grand I think I will wait and see what happens with micro led and what ever else turns up
These TV's are fantastic, the image with a good input is stunning to the point of looking to good sometimes.
They are like rocking horse poop to find now and that just shows that people who have them are keeping hold of them. You only have to look at the TV classifieds on the forum.........its all OLED's for sale.
I think I have only seen 1 maybe 2 that came up for sale on here.

Ive got no inclination to sell mine. It would take an outstanding deal on a 77" AG9 and that would only give me a tv on a par with this from what I've seen.
Only downside of this tv is the sheer weight!

Hi Does anyone have any idea, as too why my Tv has suddenly started to randomly switching itself off, then back on again after about 10 seconds, if i press any button on the remote it does the same, only started today, I thought it was an update but checked Sony website and last update is on my tv. Thanks

Hi Does anyone have any idea, as too why my Tv has suddenly started to randomly switching itself off, then back on again after about 10 seconds, if i press any button on the remote it does the same, only started today, I thought it was an update but checked Sony website and last update is on my tv. Thanks

Possibly over heating. Have you performed a factory reset? Do that, and if it continues, sadly it's a call to Sony if you still have it in warranty.

Possibly over heating. Have you performed a factory reset? Do that, and if it continues, sadly it's a call to Sony if you still have it in warranty.
Seems to be work No now left it switched of for a couple of days thanks

Hi all.
Just purchased apple tv 4k.
Having issues on Dolby Vision display.
Does apple TV 4k support Sony XE94?

Apple TV connected through Marantz av8805.
Sony TV Hdmi 2/3 is set on enhanced.
At the moment the display picture im getting is 4k hdr

Any suggestions to enable Dolby Vision.
Cheers.

Well after getting up this morning I have just sat down to watch my TV only to find its not working ........
All I'm getting is a flashing red light, its flashing 5 times.
Has anyone else had this issue ?
Does anyone know of a fix/work around for this ?

Well I've been in contact with Sony today who have authorised a repair company to come out to sort out my XE9405.

So I just got a phone call from the company who Sony have told to repair my TV. I told the guy on the phone that it has the red light on the front flashing 5 times, the screen won't power up at all.

He came back with............ The screen needs replacing (apparently the red light flashing 5 times is a faulty screen) he said there is no need for an engineer to visit my property as he will say the same thing. He then said Sony have NO replacement screens available at all. Then in his next breath he said Sony have offered me a replacement TV and this is a KD75XH9505.
Admittedly I am a bit shocked as to being offered a new TV so quickly without anyone even looking at mine.
But what do you guys think about the model they have offered ?

Considering your 9405 is three years old I think it’s a pretty decent offer but I find it hard to believe that the picture quality would be as good as your 9405.I guess you can try it as a replacement and if your not happy you could sell it on.Lets face it you would get a better price for a KD75XH9505
Compared to your 9405.I suppose it’s hard to say until you see it in the flesh.You must be gutted I know I would be if my 9405 went pop.

Considering your 9405 is three years old I think it’s a pretty decent offer but I find it hard to believe that the picture quality would be as good as your 9405.I guess you can try it as a replacement and if your not happy you could sell it on.Lets face it you would get a better price for a KD75XH9505
Compared to your 9405.I suppose it’s hard to say until you see it in the flesh.You must be gutted I know I would be if my 9405 went pop.
Yep I'm totally gutted as I had no intension of moving away from my XE9405 !!! I would have preferred it to be fixed so I could keep it but with Sony having no replacement screens I don't think I have any other choice but to except the 75XH9505 as a replacement.

Well after getting up this morning I have just sat down to watch my TV only to find its not working ........
All I'm getting is a flashing red light, its flashing 5 times.
Has anyone else had this issue ?
Does anyone know of a fix/work around for this ?
@Razor

Last edited:
@Razor

I'm glad you think its funny !! What a nice person you are.......
I do hope nothing bad happens to you in the future..........ooops I lied :eek:

I really couldnt work out what you were talking about with above nasty post :confused: but then realised I clicked the wrong smilie. o_O

Looks like mine will be for sale soon. Couldnt resist the price drop on a 77 AG9. Big price to pay to get a monster size tv on a cantilever bracket. 😁

Looks like mine will be for sale soon. Couldnt resist the price drop on a 77 AG9. Big price to pay to get a monster size tv on a cantilever bracket. 😁
Nice, how much of a bargain was it ?

Its gradually been dropping bit by bit and its hit the price where I couldnt resist. Still to determine if its worth the extra cash over Ex9405 but I've pulled the trigger now! Will find out tomorrow! 🤞

WiFi not working.
I cannot connect the tv to WiFi. It sees the network , let’s me enter p/w, tries connect but never actually connects. Eventually says “Please try again “ I know the p/w is correct. Any ideas?

Check the date and time setting within the options is set to 'Use network time' . This has been known to help.

Yep I'm totally gutted as I had no intension of moving away from my XE9405 !!! I would have preferred it to be fixed so I could keep it but with Sony having no replacement screens I don't think I have any other choice but to except the 75XH9505 as a replacement.
Did you get your replacement - and how is it ?

Did you get your replacement - and how is it ?
Yes I got the replacement tv.
The tv is great, so far I've not found anything I'm disappointed with.
I was sceptical about how the blacks would be considering the very low amount FALD zones there are compared to my faulty XE9405 and my DX902 but I was presently surprised.
The blacks are very good, I've not noticed any light bleed into the black bars even when watching HDR material which by the way looks incredible.
The OS is very quick and responsive and motion is spot on.
The only thing I don't like is the stand

Is it better
I would have to say yes mate.
It still has the great processing that Sony do so well. Motion is very smooth and the OS is quite silky.
I prefer the overall look of the XE9405 though and the cable management was very good. On the new XH9505 Sony no longer do a cable management system and the stand is pants.
HDR material looks better on the XH9505 and the remote is a nice upgrade.
I think the XE9405 processed SD material a lot better, but all in all it is an upgrade in picture quality so I'm happy.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom