Sony KD XF9005 LED LCD TV Owners and Discussion Thread

I've updated to the latest version and I don't have a problem with my WD my Passport black 2TB, but I only use KODI player.
Okay thanks. My WD 1TB passport works fine on computer and other TV. Guess it's an internal fault with the Sony. It is under retailer 5 years guarantee which I don't have a lot of faith in.
So will wait, see if anything else happens then get all checked out.

I notice that there’s an update to the Netflix app. It just says ‘bug fixes’ (not very helpful).
It will be interesting to see if the ‘bug fix’ has fixed the colour shifting problem with Dolby Vision.

I notice that there’s an update to the Netflix app. It just says ‘bug fixes’ (not very helpful).
It will be interesting to see if the ‘bug fix’ has fixed the colour shifting problem with Dolby Vision.
That’s the tvs software version of DV not Netflix, it happens on any app that uses DV.

I am more concerned with how bad Amazon Prime now is on this set, can’t watch anything without it skip frames and other weird behaviour. It’s worse on DV content to.

I’m having an issue with this set intermittently not turning on. Sometimes a soft reset will sort it, but not always. Then it suddenly responds later in the day and turns on and works as normal.

This has been happening for a few days now - I fear it’s the death knell for the tv but wondered if anyone else has experienced this and had any thoughts?

If it’s doomed I’ll not be impressed as it’s less than 4 years old!

Cheers!

I’m having an issue with this set intermittently not turning on. Sometimes a soft reset will sort it, but not always. Then it suddenly responds later in the day and turns on and works as normal.

This has been happening for a few days now - I fear it’s the death knell for the tv but wondered if anyone else has experienced this and had any thoughts?

If it’s doomed I’ll not be impressed as it’s less than 4 years old!

Cheers!
Could it be the IR sensor at fault? We just had the sensor in ours replaced a month before the John Lewis 5 year warranty runs out. The TV suddenly stopped responding to the remote and other remotes that can usually control the TV wouldn't work either. Apparently the failure of the sensor is a common fault. The part costs about £5 I believe. It took the engineer about 15 mins in total to replace it, most of that time was taken up by taking the back off and fixing it back on again.

Could it be the IR sensor at fault? We just had the sensor in ours replaced a month before the John Lewis 5 year warranty runs out. The TV suddenly stopped responding to the remote and other remotes that can usually control the TV wouldn't work either. Apparently the failure of the sensor is a common fault. The part costs about £5 I believe. It took the engineer about 15 mins in total to replace it, most of that time was taken up by taking the back off and fixing it back on again.
Cheers @maff255, we’ve sent it away for repair and established it’s actually a failure on the main board, so getting that replaced - there is life in the old girl yet!

Happy sixth birthday to this thread. :)

I've only had it since 2019, but it still makes mine almost 4 years old. I do not regret getting it, but I do have my eyes on an OLED with HDMI 2.1. I did not have my PS5 when I got my TV and HDMI 2.1 was not a thing back then.

Hi guys,
New here and I'm just looking for some advice. I have the 55 version and it's been great for 5 years running but for a few months now I keep having an intermittent issue with 4k content where i get multicolored lines and eventually whole screen becomes a blob of colors, mostly black.
If I switch to SDR it all works great and after 20-30 mins in SDR I can safely go back to 4k and it will all work fine as well.
It only seems to do this when we haven't used it for a while, 24-48h.
I've done some searching and there's multiple opinions but the one that makes most sense is that the power board is faulty.
Since it's OOW the plan is to sort it out myself otherwise just get a new TV and keep it as a spare TV.

Any ideas or previous experience would be helpful.

Attachments

• 20240327_211238.jpg
    20240327_211238.jpg
    119.7 KB · Views: 4
@vrfx where does the content come from? I have never seen anything like that on my 55 inches XF9005 and I am using it with streaming apps and an oDroid N2+ for local media playback through my local network.

So this happens under following: Home Screen, Netflix, Disney+, HBO Max, Plex, Youtube.
Does not happen under TV Source.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom