SONY pslx56p tuntable power supply

zakisbak

Novice Member
Reaction score
I have turntable but no longer have the music centre.
Please see photo of connector.
How do I connect to electrical power/mains.
May need to visit electronics shop to convert to plug?

Can I wire to normal UK plug?
IMG_20200513_175512006.jpg

There are two wires to connector.
One is black,one is blck/grey?(I'm colorblind).

If I can wire to plug,which is live,which is neutral?

That will almost certainly be a proprietary connector, so the chances of finding a converter will be virtually zero. The voltage will likely be low DC & not mains, so don't under any circumstances connect it directly to the mains.

So the challenge will be to find out what DC voltage & current it requires. Might be labelled on the TT somewhere? Then it's just a case of buying a PSU with the correct voltage & equal or better current delivery. You can then buy an appropriate inline jack socket to replace the proprietary one or just cut & splice the wires, making sure there's no possibility of a short. If splicing the best way to do that is offset the connections. All depends how handy you are with a soldering iron.

Edit
Looks like 12V & this guy used a 1.5A supply.

Most Internet routers use a 12V supply so you may have something in a draw from a previous ISP?

That's great reply,many thanks.
I am not technical so,to be sure,I use something like this,12v,1.5A,then splice the wires together?

— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —
That should be fine, going by the YouTube video. Although we don't know the final outcome so it would be prudent to try to ascertain the current requirements of the TT. For all we know 5 minutes after finishing his video the PSU may have gone up in smoke.

Perhaps just get one a little higher rated, maybe around 2.5A unless you can find the actual requirements. Unfortunately it's not on the back of the original unit either. Anything on the bottom of the TT?

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom