sony uhd x700 bluray help

frankie13

Hi is my sony x700 dead all i get is a black screen nothing at all , remote does not work except for turning it off , i have tried 5 different hdmi cables same story, is it a door stop now

Clem_Dye

Distinguished Member
Have you checked/changed the fuse in the plug? Do you have a test meter that you check to see if the power brick is outputting anything? Are all the cables secure? Have you tried a different HDMI port on your TV/soundbar? Have you tried connecting it to a different TV? It doesn’t sound promising, but you need to conduct some basic checks first, before getting it looked at.

Clem_Dye

Distinguished Member
Can you open and close the tray using the front panel and/or remote? Have you tried a different TV HDMI port? Checked the connections? Tried different cables?

Clem_Dye

Distinguished Member
Well, if you've tried different cables, tried connecting it to a different TV, tried a different HDMI port on your TV then it can only be the player. Depending on its age and warranty, it's either off for repairs or it's heading for the skip I guess.

GoingGoingGone

Distinguished Member
Hi is my sony x700 dead all i get is a black screen nothing at all , remote does not work except for turning it off , i have tried 5 different hdmi cables same story, is it a door stop now
Green light on shows its getting power. What were you doing before it stopped working?
Does the open/close button for the disc work?

Last edited:

atmoscinema

It shouldn't be in 480i unless you have set it, did you?

Have you got an HDMI to analogue converter, so you can get basic video/scarf output, or plug it into an Xbox?

atmoscinema

Have you tried putting a Blu-ray Disc in?

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: TCL C815 TV, Denon & Huawei wireless speaker reviews, New Sony 4K PJ's and more

Trending threads

Top Bottom