sony uhd x700 bluray help

frankie13

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Hi is my sony x700 dead all i get is a black screen nothing at all , remote does not work except for turning it off , i have tried 5 different hdmi cables same story, is it a door stop now

Power cycle?

Reset?

how i have held the power on button down and unpluged still the black screen

Have you checked/changed the fuse in the plug? Do you have a test meter that you check to see if the power brick is outputting anything? Are all the cables secure? Have you tried a different HDMI port on your TV/soundbar? Have you tried connecting it to a different TV? It doesn’t sound promising, but you need to conduct some basic checks first, before getting it looked at.

Can you open and close the tray using the front panel and/or remote? Have you tried a different TV HDMI port? Checked the connections? Tried different cables?

Well, if you've tried different cables, tried connecting it to a different TV, tried a different HDMI port on your TV then it can only be the player. Depending on its age and warranty, it's either off for repairs or it's heading for the skip I guess.

Hi is my sony x700 dead all i get is a black screen nothing at all , remote does not work except for turning it off , i have tried 5 different hdmi cables same story, is it a door stop now
Green light on shows its getting power. What were you doing before it stopped working?
Does the open/close button for the disc work?

Last edited:
Last edited:
It shouldn't be in 480i unless you have set it, did you?

Have you got an HDMI to analogue converter, so you can get basic video/scarf output, or plug it into an Xbox?

Have you tried putting a Blu-ray Disc in?

Nothing will start the remote does not work its going going going gone. Planet of the apes Lol

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom