Sony X950H firmware on 950g (Warning, possible warranty breach)

Status
Not open for further replies.

T74g

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hello , I’ve seen a guy on Avs forums saying that it’s possible to put the latest 950h firmware on the 950g and it works and updates all menus etc to the new style of the 950h ?? Please has anyone done this ? Many thanks 🙏🏻

Mod EDIT*

To be clear, installing XH95 firmware on the XG95 may invalidate your warranty. Anyone who decides to does so at their own risk.

Last edited by a moderator:
and updates all menus etc to the new style of the 950h
LOL this guy. Talking about visual menu update when that X950H firmware fixes broken motion and comes with better local dimming algorithms.

LOL this guy. Talking about visual menu update when that X950H firmware fixes broken motion and comes with better local dimming algorithms.
Lol 🤔 this guy is just mentioning something he saw on another forum , I’m not saying that it’s fact or it works or any tech stuff I’m just asking if any1s knows anything bout it , nothing wrong with asking question a brother
Regards “this guy “ 🤪

Just Googled this and read the thread the OP refers to, unfortunately we in the UK can't try and this (yet) because there is no XH9505 firmware available for us to install, the USA firmware is different to ours. Interested to see what the firmware brings to the table.

Trust me it works on eu

Hi where can I get the 950h firmware I’m in uk
Hi again,

I got it from sonys webb page in sweden= sony.se but i dont now if it fits your uk tv.

Ok great !

Do it and you get a tv that cost 40% more.

Then turn off you automatic uppdate on your tv.

Awsome does any 1 have link for this firmware
Please

If it works for you and you need help with amazing pitchure settings let me now.

Ok great !

brand-dark.svg
About our ads
You may also like

brand-dark.svg
About our ads

You may also like
Do it and you get a tv that cost 40% more.

Then turn off you automatic uppdate on your tv.
Cool
If it works for you and you need help with amazing pitchure settings let me now.
Great will do , downloading it now 👍🏻

Talk to me my friend.

Whats happening?

Talk to me my friend.

Whats happening?
I’ve download it to my Mac but having little trouble unzipping the file at the min , the bin file , to put on my formatted usb

Ok but unzipping is the same..

What is your current firmware version on your xg95?

Ok the same I had before perfect!

Status
Not open for further replies.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom